• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I've owned dipped and obviously Augusta sneaks, so I can comment.
It's a hard one on many different levels. Firstly when I wear sneakers I wanna 'wear sneakers' and be a bit 'dress down'. The CCP dripped are just too 'statement' for me. Too bling if that makes sense.
Regarding quality, I've had quality issues with both so it would be unfair to single one out. But my biggest single issue with the dipped is the fact that the sole does disintegrate as you wear them. The latex dip also looses it's colour and starts to peel away over time. You find that just about every pair that is up for sale is from somebody who has worn them down a certain amount and then wants to flip before the real damage/wear/depreciation is done.
I did it with mine, and it seems to be the norm.
The Augusta on the other hand can be vibramed easily and will last for years.
So in my opinion, the Augusta are a better investment if you want to wear them and own them for years. If you want to own a pair fur 3-6months and then sell and lose less money, probably the CCP wins.
But more and more I'm trying to buy with longevity in mind rather than resale value

i read that about the drips as well. fyi i really like your a1923 sneakers, probably one of the best i've seen.

i think you're intelligent enough to realise that if the courier stuffs up and you received the item very late, then the 14 days "grace period" could expire even before you receive the item. the policy is (may be) clear, but that doesn't make it a fair policy.

This is what is known in the UK as the 'postal rule' (or at least a variant of it). Sometimes the courier fks up-but this is neither due to the fault of the sender or receiver. Clearly either party has to bear the risk of this happening. Usually most big retailers will be the one to bear this, but smaller retailers tend to pass this risk on to the consumer.

There is nothing inherently wrong with such a rule, provided it it stated within the terms of the contract. If you are unhappy that you have the bear the risk of the courier screwing things up instead of the retailer, then the solution is simple-dont buy from said retailer. It's downright unfair to blame the retailer when they stipulated this quite clearly in their T&Cs, which I am reasonably sure 99% of people don't actually read, or dont follow up to check if they have doubts simply because they assume retailers will always bear the risk of courier delays (most do, but some dont)

:deadhorse:

bdude

Reaction score
Thanks Eton, awesome info and very informative! Will be scanning hi and low for the augustas!

I've owned dipped and obviously Augusta sneaks, so I can comment.
It's a hard one on many different levels. Firstly when I wear sneakers I wanna 'wear sneakers' and be a bit 'dress down'. The CCP dripped are just too 'statement' for me. Too bling if that makes sense.
Regarding quality, I've had quality issues with both so it would be unfair to single one out. But my biggest single issue with the dipped is the fact that the sole does disintegrate as you wear them. The latex dip also looses it's colour and starts to peel away over time. You find that just about every pair that is up for sale is from somebody who has worn them down a certain amount and then wants to flip before the real damage/wear/depreciation is done.
I did it with mine, and it seems to be the norm.
The Augusta on the other hand can be vibramed easily and will last for years.
So in my opinion, the Augusta are a better investment if you want to wear them and own them for years. If you want to own a pair fur 3-6months and then sell and lose less money, probably the CCP wins.
But more and more I'm trying to buy with longevity in mind rather than resale value.

eton97

Reaction score

Much much nicer than I expected......heavy, stiff as hell, and gnarled up, but I can see that the leather is treated, and once its starts to be worn, the natural shine of the cordovan is evident and will come through...although they look it, they are not reversed.....its just the treatment that gives them that incredibly matt/dry finish...

The final part of my Augusta footwear journey (for now :).....buffalo sneaker, 6 hole horse workboot and now the perfect cordovan double zip.....these will age beautifully...even the wife loves them, and that's saying a lot.......:)

Last edited:

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice pair eton97. Leather looks very thick and appears 'heavy'. Between these and Moo's CCP in Bison., i will take the CCP. Dammit Moo..those boots of yours.

eton97

Reaction score

Nice pair eton97. Leather looks very thick and appears 'heavy'. Between these and Moo's CCP in Bison., i will take the CCP. Dammit Moo..those boots of yours.

Thank you.

I owned CCP tornadoes for many years. A great great boot, but I just needed a change from the pointy toe....

Last edited:

Mr. Moo

Boxercise Toughguy
Reaction score
I will say this... those Augs are very nice. Congrats.

For those that know how weird my feet react to footwear that should seemingly fit but inexplicably does not, the CCP are amazing for the fact they they are super comfortable. Really, really comfortable... I remember when I was at The Archive in SF, one of the guys working there was wearing CCP and he told me that given my wide feet CCP is not for me. I don't blame him one bit - his pair looked pretty narrow. But mine is just awesome fitting, just enough room to "play the piano" with my toes, but still have a nice, solid feeling while walking.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Much much nicer than I expected......heavy, stiff as hell, and gnarled up, but I can see that the leather is treated, and once its starts to be worn, the natural shine of the cordovan is evident and will come through...although they look it, they are not reversed.....its just the treatment that gives them that incredibly matt/dry finish... The final part of my Augusta footwear journey (for now :).....buffalo sneaker, 6 hole horse workboot and now the perfect cordovan double zip.....these will age beautifully...even the wife loves them, and that's saying a lot.......:)
are those from vertice?
I will say this... those Augs are very nice. Congrats. For those that know how weird my feet react to footwear that should seemingly fit but inexplicably does not, the CCP are amazing for the fact they they are super comfortable. Really, really comfortable... I remember when I was at The Archive in SF, one of the guys working there was wearing CCP and he told me that given my wide feet CCP is not for me. I don't blame him one bit - his pair looked pretty narrow. But mine is just awesome fitting, just enough room to "play the piano" with my toes, but still have a nice, solid feeling while walking.
maybe he doesn't know enough about ccp to advise hence they don't sell ccp

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

They are from Vertice. These are sz43 and fit tts. The white/bone single zip come up 1 size large (sz42 worked perfectly for me). They bought 2x sz43 in the black double zip...so 1 pair left in that size......

Yea i remember seeing the pics in the preview and really liking them, glad to hear they are smooth and not reversed!

bdude

Reaction score

They are from Vertice. These are sz43 and fit tts. The white/bone single zip come up 1 size large (sz42 worked perfectly for me). They bought 2x sz43 in the black double zip...so 1 pair left in that size......

Congrats buddy! Would love fitted pics once broken in!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads