The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Without making this long...

I purchased something
    Sent it back before their returns window was closed (poor fit)
    They received it after their return window was closed (with a terrible 10 day wait somewhere in Europe mucking things up)
    I tell them that I clearly sent it back on time, using the shipping method they wanted me to use, with multiple e-mails confirming all was OK throughout the process
    They tell me tough cookies, you only get store credit
    I ask them nicely to quit playin
    They refuse
    I ask my Credit Card to step in
    In process of getting my money back, credit card log-in is hacked, and bank account is compromised
    End up getting money back from Credit Card, who are probably still battling Vertice

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014

2. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

So a shipping error that results in a returned item going back to them after their T&C'S says they'll accept items (by law) is their fault and they tried to hack your personal card afterwards?

Sounds like a crock of shit.

3. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Sigh, I knew someone would come around to misread and twist what I said. I love Styleforum.

Dude, use your head and eyes and read what I wrote again. :foo:

I shipped the item using the shipping method they asked me to use and I shipped it on time. w

4. KingJulien

KingJulien Senior member

Most customers service terms state that the item has to be received within the window. Still shitty customer service, though, since it obviously wasn't your fault.

I'm not sure why the account hack is relevant.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

He clearly stated that he shipped back the items within the given timeframe using the shipping service Vertice requested. Said shipping service caused the delay. Majority of retailers state that they want an item to be mailed back by a given day. This means if an item has to be mailed back on day 30, i need to mail it off on day 30 unless told otherwise. For example, i returned an item to yoox and dropped it off in the mail on the last day within their return policy. They refunded me with no questions. Vertice should of done the same.

Here is the thing guys, there is a reason we have several shops that wen mention in this thread all the time (pn/p, hide-m, the office). Its reputation, good pricing and good customer service, keep your customers happy and they refer new customers

6. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Vertice: Vertice London Ltd is happy to refund or exchange any articles purchased by proxy via the verticelondon.com website within 14 days of our dispatch date

Yoox: the returned items must be shipped back to YOOX within seven (7) working days of the date the package was delivered to you

There you have it, ordinary words of plain english. Dont rage if you dint read the T&C properly. Vertice's T&C might seem unfair or harsh to most consumers, but if you think it is then dont buy from them.

7. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Yes I always add vibram to any shoe or trainer

They may look soft, but they are stiff and pretty heavy pieces. Still....pretty comfy :)

Took me a long time to find the perfect iteration if this sneaker with black leather and black sole. Very happy indeed. My last pair lasted a good 4-5yrs. Black with white sole in horse. Not sure what I'm going to do with them :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014

8. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Another boot that's in my constant line up. Thick stiff 6 hole Augusta work boot in horse. I put in a spare pair of Augusta sneaker laces I had lying around for a bit if a change.

[​IMG]

9. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I bought some boots from Vertice last year during the final sales, in which no returns are allowed, but the size 41 I got fit more like a 43 and couldn't make it work with an insole. I told them and they let me exchange them for a different model (size 40 was sold out).

So no complaints from me.

10. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

This isn't plain english. Do they require that you send it back within 14 days of dispatch date? That they receive it within 14 days? That you notify them? This is anything BUT plain english. As it reads, or at least as you've copied it, it says that they will refund of exchange anything purchased within 2 weeks of their dispatching. i.e. anything that's shipped within 2 weeks of purchase can be refunded. So no, the site isn't clear.

11. bdude

bdude Senior member

Cheers buddy, qualify wise how do yours compare to the CCP drips?

12. eton97

eton97 Senior member

I've owned dipped and obviously Augusta sneaks, so I can comment.
    It's a hard one on many different levels. Firstly when I wear sneakers I wanna 'wear sneakers' and be a bit 'dress down'. The CCP dripped are just too 'statement' for me. Too bling if that makes sense.
    Regarding quality, I've had quality issues with both so it would be unfair to single one out. But my biggest single issue with the dipped is the fact that the sole does disintegrate as you wear them. The latex dip also looses it's colour and starts to peel away over time. You find that just about every pair that is up for sale is from somebody who has worn them down a certain amount and then wants to flip before the real damage/wear/depreciation is done.
    I did it with mine, and it seems to be the norm.
    The Augusta on the other hand can be vibramed easily and will last for years.
    So in my opinion, the Augusta are a better investment if you want to wear them and own them for years. If you want to own a pair fur 3-6months and then sell and lose less money, probably the CCP wins.
    But more and more I'm trying to buy with longevity in mind rather than resale value.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014

13. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

i think you're intelligent enough to realise that if the courier stuffs up and you received the item very late, then the 14 days "grace period" could expire even before you receive the item. the policy is (may be) clear, but that doesn't make it a fair policy.

14. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

This is what is known in the UK as the 'postal rule' (or at least a variant of it). Sometimes the courier fks up-but this is neither due to the fault of the sender or receiver. Clearly either party has to bear the risk of this happening. Usually most big retailers will be the one to bear this, but smaller retailers tend to pass this risk on to the consumer.

There is nothing inherently wrong with such a rule, provided it it stated within the terms of the contract. If you are unhappy that you have the bear the risk of the courier screwing things up instead of the retailer, then the solution is simple-dont buy from said retailer. It's downright unfair to blame the retailer when they stipulated this quite clearly in their T&Cs, which I am reasonably sure 99% of people don't actually read, or dont follow up to check if they have doubts simply because they assume retailers will always bear the risk of courier delays (most do, but some dont)

15. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Just as a side note, I popped into Vertice earlier today to try those flat soled Guidi's on and all the staff were very nice.

Unfortunately, the shoes didn't fit :(