1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. several

several Active Member

My Tornado's aren't like that. I have 2009 tornado's and 2010 U-sole's, even the U-sole's are totally different, the sole is much thicker at the front and it just adds a totally different vibe to the boot.

I know the 2009's have a different model code and the differences are subtle but there's definitely a difference.

1 person likes this.
  2. psydle

psydle Senior member

Yes I know the U-soles have a much more boxy toe shape. Do you have any shots of your tornado pair? I curious, maybe the style he was working in around then for U-soles briefly influenced the look of the others.

3. several

several Active Member

Here's mine, I dunno, they just seem a lot chunkier, and not half as pointy.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. amby16

amby16 Active Member

Since we are on the topic of CCP tornado boots, does anyone have an opinion about lined boots vs. unlined? Are there any substantial differences between the two in terms of wearability/durability?

5. bdude

bdude Senior member

I have exact same pair of coil tornadoes 2009 ( am/2426 or smth). These are chunky, tough as tanks, wide and not as pointy - aint nothin feminine bout those! The best/toughest tornads i have seen. Imo The a1923 double zips from last season were nowhere near as nice ( aw12/13) nor comfortable. Cant talk bout ss14 dbl zips but eton97 loves them and i would think they must be amazeballs!

6. eton97

eton97 Senior member

10hrs walking around the wonderful city of Rome.
    Dust, grime and granite. The perfect ingredient for an augusta boot.
    Like a pig in shit.
    Wonderful.
    Just like it says in the box....'do not handle with care' [​IMG]
    They just get better with wear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2014
    3 people like this.
  7. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Can't see that I'll ever buy a CCP tornadoe or in fact any zip up boot. IMO simone has nailed it with this model. The perfect toe shape, profile and overall design.

8. eton97

eton97 Senior member

To clear any confusion, there are 2 styles of CCP tornadoe.
    - AM/2601: the standard and most popular style (not sure why), and the one that 99.9% of retailers order, and as a result the style that most people own. (L) at the end denotes 'lined.
    - AM/2521sx: bulkier, less pointy and slightly wider boot. For some reason rarely ever ordered by retailers and rarely seen produced post 2009.
    You can usually tell the difference (if you havent got both ste boots in front of you) from looking at the sole and it's construction. The toe cap and heel part of the sole is usually a separate piece of leather vs the rest of the sole on the 2521sx.

AM/2521sx sole
    [​IMG]

AM/2601
    [​IMG]

9. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Off topic:

So is there some sort of middle-of-the-road acceptable black t shirt or jumper that could go with a pair of IE or LUC pants that isn't completely cling-tight? I have a gray punched selvedge LUC t as well as a Lumen et Umbra amazingly textured top. But they both are completely unflattering to my body shape right now. I plan on losing some more weight so I'm going to keep them, but I don't feel right just wearing an Everlane $12 T-shirt with everything else clicking.

Thanks.

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I just follow nicelynice's AA lead.

11. AlexanderTG

I tried. They're way too long. I guess I could have them hemmed but I wasn't blown away by the cut.

12. troika

troika Senior member

Can confirm and personally recommend FJ. Not baller, but just had my W+G jodhpurs resoled there. Went from OG vibram to leather w/ vibram heel. They re-oiled and stitched up the torn interior/loose threads. $66 out the door.

Please forgive shitty white balance.

BEFORE
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

AFTER
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Thats a really tough choice because either way you go you won't be wrong. Both boots are very resilient (especially in horse) and have a unique look. CCP is pointier than a1923. A1923 has much more folds and is stiffer. Its a style choice at this level

I have owned both and tried many a1923 on over the years. The question comes down to what you truly want.

Do you want a cleaner looking boot that you can wear out the box?

OR

Do you want a more distressed boot with more folds that is a bit hard on your feet (at first) but ends up looking awesome after some wear?

Depending on the above answer you make the choice. This is also considering that cash is not an issue. If it is then we are in a different conversation.

FWIW, if i had the funds i would definitely have the following boots in my closet (order of no importance):
    CCP horse tornado
    MA+ bison backzip
    a1923 dual zip in oiled horse
    Layer-0 ankle boot

Is it possible to order AM/2521sx at all?

14. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ absofuckinglutely! ! Speak to Dr Tassos

15. several

several Active Member

16. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Man that`s impeccable work from FJ/Jesse

17. Pairate

Pairate Senior member

Thanks for the pics! Pants over boot looks pretty good to me :)

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

good to know, emailed him...

19. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Senior member

@AlexanderTG I like both Velva Sheen and Left Field pocket tees.

They're both made with sturdy jersey that doesn't cling to my spare tire as noticeably as AA tees tend to do.

And they both come packaged in 2-packs with corny retro graphics.

1 person likes this.
  20. AlexanderTG

That's what I'm talking about! Thanks, @ClambakeSkate.

PS: Just kopped a pair of brown, waxed heavy horse S21Ms on eBay. Oy!

And the family grows . . .

1 person likes this.