1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Hotoveli NYC's 1st delivery:

double zip and workboot

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

It's getting warmer over my way, so outerwear is outta here. I've got a nice little collection of warm weather pants. My current fav's are:

Devoa washi slim - I wish I'd grabbed two pairs of these. The fabric is crazy good and the cut is perfect.
    Devoa destroyed silk slim pants
    IS linen canvas slim sarouel
    IS cotton and linen contrast fabric panelend slims
    LUC cotton/linen classic pants

Can't wait for the stretch washi pants to drop in a few months. I've been considering a pair of unlined IE pants as well, but with the roughness of the fabric that may not be a flash idea.

3. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

I have a pair of unlined IE pants in 100% selvedge cotton. Fabric isn't rough at all. Really like wearing them!

The man in Munich knows what not to order in unlined versions :)

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
  4. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Hey I missed it what is eck selling now?

5. troika

troika Senior member

Just looked em up. Explain more please

6. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I just pm'ed you the new list for this weekend :slayer:

7. sepp

sepp Senior member

Like those grey pants from Hide-M and I think will look great with boots.

Unsure how European sizes work though. Left with 48-50 I recalled. I believe these are larger sizes for USA 38 or 40.

8. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

/\ That sizing conversion applies to coats and tops. For pants, EU 46=US 30, 48 = 32 and so on.

9. sepp

sepp Senior member

Thanks Uzairh. I read somewhere you minus 10 from the EU size for USA sizing.

Love the color and side fitting of these pants. Not too sure about the thigh bagginess only.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

*pics from Sartorialist (should be the same ones from Hide-m also).

10. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

I've been wearing my KKA sidezips 6-7 days per week. :embar:

3 people like this.
  11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Can you post some close-up pics of the boots Brad? Really loved them in the WAYWT

2 people like this.
  12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Sure, I've been meaning to take some pics! I'll post soon!

2 people like this.
  13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

is it just the angle or do the dual zips look drastically different from these
    [​IMG]

14. psydle

psydle Senior member

I was wondering that too. The sole ridge looks bumped out by almost a cm on the Hotoveli. I really like the back of those workboots though.

15. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Did you pull the trigger?

17. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Almost... let's see what is there is in my size.

18. Zamb

Zamb Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Thanks for your interest in my work and your interest in our plans for the future
    I have actually experimented with footwear before ( never shown to the public) but I dont know if you will see Footwear from us in the near future.
    For me clothing is more in line with what I would like to do/ can do because of my technical knowledge as a Designer/ Tailor/ Pattern maker. I believe that footwear requires a special kind of know how that is beyond my scope of knowledge at the moment. I think if and when we do it, I would at least apprentice with a shoe maker to at least understand some of the fundamentals before I ever do. Even then if we ever do footwear it would have to be outsourced to s production company, unlike out clothing that is made here at Zfactorie under my direct supervision and involvement in ever step of the process.

For the immediate present our maim focus is offering better products in a more timely manner in the already existing areas we do, offering better service to our customers and also we are just experimenting with a range of clothing called "Category M" which i will have more information regarding later.

we pretty much have our hands full as Zfactorie has essentially become a full time production company producing products for other designers too and that takes a lot of out time and planning

2 people like this.
  19. psydle

psydle Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A1923 2014 rev horse nero black
    DRKSHDW Memphis flap denim

Kind of surprised at the lack of double layering on the heel cup. This is unusual for Simone and unheard of for Carol. Crazy amount of flex in the foot bed too. I'm used to a really ridged construction through the arch but this is kind of comfy.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    7 people like this.
  20. several

several Active Member

Looks wise, they're the best boots I've seen from him. The thick rounded sole makes them.

Why they've got YKK zippers is odd considering other boots from him this season don't have them. I also find it weird he makes an almost identical version with structured toe. All in all I find the whole brand odd, there's no cohesion between the styles of footwear he makes. For example, you know a layer-0 boot when you see one, as you do with guidi and ma+, but you don't with a1923.