The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

2. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  3. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Any idea how A.Plokhov's footwear should be sized? totokaelo has a few and i was wondering if the built quality is on par with those from IS or Layer0.

4. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

So right now I can choose between

[​IMG]

CCP's OBJECT DYED LINED ONE-PIECE PROSTHETIC BOOTS (either Kangaroo or Horse for 1780 Euros)

Or

[​IMG]

Really cant decide =/ I want something versatile enough for daily use...but that CCP looks different in a good way. So expensive though. I'm also a little concerned about the shaft on A1923's. Several members have said they are extremely large and does not really fit well

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  5. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

These CCPs are anything but versatile and definitely no for daily use (unless you're Mad Max). Beautiful, nonetheless. My choice between these 2 still would have been CCP though because I don't really like this particular pair of Augusta.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Ok so lets take construction out of the equation because both boots are on par. 1. CCP boots are unique and not seen too often. 2. I have an a1923 and the shaft is indeed wide but on the ones you pictured isn't that bad when i saw them in person at archive. 3. Horse > Kangaroo in terms of strength, but i hear kangaroo is really soft and easy to break in. (source the LEATHER QUALITY AND PROPERTIES thread "Kangaroo is thin, lightweight and yet has the greatest tensile strength of any leather known to man given its thickness", http://www.styleforum.net/t/354137/leather-quality-and-properties/675#post_6698022) 4. Shaft on CCP is taller but slimmer so thats something to think about. 5. CCP depending on how they are dyed can come out matte like the a1932 or have a deep balck like the pic, but either way the black on my ccp is not as matte as the a1923. check how they are being dyed these are SBUC ptc (http://www.styleforum.net/t/248835/...boot-shoe-thread-700usd-min/9705#post_6860372) which means they are horse cordovan leather, white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour. hope that helps, at those prices get exactly what you want don't compromise :)

Last edited: Feb 9, 2014
  7. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ CCP in horse is my choice between these two

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I would thing that those boots are something you would wear. Odd you don't like them. Nevetheless, they are not ugly, different yes...

more pics:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

I like them. One of the first things from ccp I've liked.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I would wear the tornadoes but not those, the metal details are gimmicky and weird

12. Dorje

Dorje Senior member

Gimmicky? Isachanko?

13. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

They're just plain ugly. Not in the good way. Much like the titanium inserts in the pants, blazers, and leather jackets.

14. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I agree that titanium elements incorporated into jackets and blazers are kinda over the top, but they make the boots look badass.

15. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

quite strange for me, but I'd go for this tornadoes too. Some old Christian fits come to mind, where that kind of weirdos was amazingly balanced with classic ccp suit.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014