• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

MS007

Reaction score

Any body have heard/handled A. Hutching boots:

Saw them at farfetch ebay and though augustas at first but then saw the different name..looks like a rip off. Curious about quality.

They claim made in LA. At 200 its worth a try.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kind of reminds me of the W+HxDayton Service boots

Fellow

Reaction score
Can anyone weigh in on the quality of MA+? Particularly the one piece derbies? At the price point, I'll assume that the quality is quite high, but anyone have any experience after years of wear?

Just looking for some feedback before investing $1K+ in shoes.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Quality is great. Personally, i feel MA+ goods are just marked up way too high. I read somewhere that their current season's linen/cotton tee is priced at around 1k. Not a big fan of his footwear. 1k for his derbies sounds ok given the retail would be twice that figure.

Genarally speaking, years of wear is dependant on many factors. One might wear it twice a week while the other might beat the hell out it wearing it daily. Eventually, the one worn sparingly in rotation might still hold its shape pretty well while the frequently used pair might require resoling(assuming no vibram is attached) etc. Climate, apart from lifestyle, does affect its wear to a certain degree.

chomeo

Reaction score
I have the one-piece derbies. If you're thinking about that pair from SZ, go for it. That's a great price given what it was going for when first released.

I like everything about the one-piece derbies. The leather is soft yet it doesn't feel cheap. The leather is of high quality - substantial and feels solid to the touch. Overtime, it will mold to your feet. there is some evidence of fades though out over time which give it a nice patina of black/brown/dark grey.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Seriously thinking about ordering these in the brownish oiled culatta color/leather

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads