1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Thanks for the kudos @JBravo.

Looking forward to adding them to my rotation. Fall is here and it's time for boots, boots boots!

So that'll be my last pair for a few months long time.

Gotta clean the closet out. Got some regrettable purchases (in hindsight) now that SF got its claws into me and took what I thought I had learned about footwear and turned it on its end.

Funny how my monthly issue of Details feels like junk mail. Stupid three year subscription. :embar:

2. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Sinnedk, my bison CCPs are so comfy. Haven't tried on cordovan ones but I've handled several pairs in Darklands store (which is easily the best shop I have ever seen) and they felt relatively soft. Darkland guys invited me to BBS party which I unfortunately could not attend as I was leaving Berlin the same night.

Harveys has a simple website, but no webshop, no online purchases whatsoever. When I asked the owner why he does not do an online shop he told me: I would need to go to post office and send stuff and I don't feel like doing it :)

I personally dislike PH shoes, while I love his jackets. To me It's PH jacketmakers.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2014
  3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Have you been to PN/P? Just curious how it compares to Darklands.

RE Harveys, thats hilarious.

4. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

Not been to PNP yet, but I will go there in November l:) Really look forward to it.

Darkands is located in an industrial area of Berlin. It's just a huge space that looks more like a gigantic showroom than a store.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Cool lmk how the two compare. PN/p (the mens store) is not as big as the women's but has a lot of cool items.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@LA Guy its nice to have admin rights and ninja delete your comment :lol:

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I suck at my phone, so the quote and comment together made no sense.

8. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

That's probably why they're so salty about measurements. Total drag to walk from one end of the hangar to the other.

But I suppose they must have a Segway to help out as per German law. :D

2 people like this.
  9. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

oops wrong thread

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

nicht ;)

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@eton97 @eckblk ccp drips, what do you guys think? what is the texture of the shoe, soft, hard?

12. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I like drips. I can't justify owning them because they deteriorate so fast. The drips will wear off the sole relatively quickly. The rumor on sz is the MO is for people to resell their drips before the wear is too visibly obvious.

Buy drips wear them on a few outings and then resell for not that much loss to a person who quickly wears the drips off and then if they resell they will have to eat the price hit if they try to resell. Don't actually know anyone who engages in this or has been burnt by it, but saw it commented on by a few people. Grain of salt etc.

Dunno how durable the leather shoe without the rubber is. I think drips like RO drunks are that they are a very visibly iconic design for CCP. Both are kind of grotesque in a way but obviously CCP drips are much more so and in a different direction.

I think if I had insane disposable income where I could order new drips every time the drips wore off... or if I found a combination that looks super awesome to me without the drips or I had a redripping process in hand... then I might consider getting drips.

I think I like the white/purplish colorway the best.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2014
  13. eton97

eton97 Senior member

In terms of the leather and construction? or in terms of drips (which has been answered)

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Thank you. I think it possible to vibram after the drip sole wears out and they will be fine. Btw I heard that MO as well.

Leather/construction would be good it know. Also does ccp do that sneaker w/out the drip?

15. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

You can vibram anything :) I'm just clarifying for folks who might be interested in it only with drip-action coming off the sole. That ish is short lived.

16. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

MA+:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Guidi:
    [​IMG]

6 people like this.
  17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Those m.a.+ diagonal front zips are really growing on me,

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yea I got that I am just worried if I were to buy something that pricey and it would disintegrate.

What is a good baller sneaker that looks decent? Ahem prob not a1923 in my eyes.

Agreed, I've been liking them too.

19. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

I prefer the taller version of the diagonal zips (2nd and 3rd pics). MIght get a pair....

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I mean it doesn't have that artisanal wabi-sabi quality that the more artisanal sz-centric brands, but I really, really am happy with my Hender Scheme sneaker offerings in black. I plan on getting natural leather options at some point as well, but well priorities.