1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

No problems, man. You've had solid decisions so far, so I'm sure you'll end up with the right pair.

Not that the old last isn't great., but It's these ones for sure:

[​IMG]

Layer-0 clothing for this season is sick. It's always sick. Just underrepresented. Layers is carrying the long blazer, which is mighty tempting.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

looks nice... always wanted to dabble more in his clothing, but personally more of that style of blazer is starting to feel redundant for me:( when the especially nice fabrics show up I guess

Last edited: Sep 17, 2014
  3. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

I guess these are the two lasts I'm considering.

The bottom is available now; the top would be a special order.

My goal is for these to be a boot that I can wear with something other than LUC and Zam. I have a lot of great denim and tops but they don't really jibe with my Guidi reverse horse zips.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Edit: hoping I'm not breaking any photo-sharing rules. Pics are from Liberte (bottom photo from a couple of seasons ago).

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  4. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Most overseas stockists don't pick up the footwear, that's all. Incarnation does indeed do very little footwear, which we can all be thankful for.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2014
  5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

ftfy

7. mer6

mer6 Senior member

I doubt it. Usually the problem with linking to photos from other websites is that you then tax their bandwidth for everyone to view them, but as far as I can tell, StyleForum rehosts images on their own server so that this is no longer a problem.

8. AlexanderTG

Was more of a privacy issue I was hoping I wasn't breeching. I know some stores/stockists would rather their images not be bandied about.

9. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Here's some colour pics of my IS special order. Hard to fathom that most stores slept on this leather.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

If it's out in public it can be shared, if it's something people log in to then it gets questionable. Sadly you cannot control the internet.

It is nice that sf re hosts the images.

1 person likes this.
  11. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

13. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

LAYER-0 FW14-15 WOMAN LACE UP HIGH BOOTS (don't look women's)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

COLOR: BLACK
    MATERIAL: CORDOVAN R.

5 people like this.
  15. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

^ i find those quite ugly, almost like clown shoes - maybe it's the shaft. but those IS's are superb

16. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

:eh:

17. AlexanderTG

Done and done.

Thanks for all you guys's help in picking out my next absolutely last pair of boots. Especially Eckblk.

Just paid for and should be receiving shortly these beauties from PNP.

Not straight-up black like I had thought I wanted, but, rather, a bit of a mix to hopefully go with jeans as well as my Zam DNAs and more.

Will post pics when they arrive.

Cheers, and thanks again.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9 people like this.
  18. jet

jet Senior member

how are womens boots supposed to look, rhinestones on them or patent pink maybe?

2 people like this.
  19. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

@AlexanderTG congrats with the boots man! They look awesome. I have not handled Layer-0 until very recently, whenI stumbled upon a very strange shop in Berlin. It's called Harveys. That's right, no apostrophe. The shop looks like a second grade dry cleaner's: just hangers hanging everywhere and more hangers, several pieces of apparel on one hanger, a total chaos. No atmosphere, no ambiance, nothing. It's run by an eccentric old German dude who's really nice and a little crazy. So this shop's got like a little bit of everything: lots of Paul Harnden (both shoes and clothes), Layer-0 (both shoes and clothes), Augusta (both shoes and clothes), Isaac Sellam, etc. I've always thought that Layer-0, made of cordovan leather, were extremely stiff and uncomfortable (at least during the inevitable break-in period) but they turned out to be as comfy as felt slippers (unlike my augustas that would never stop ruthlessly murdering my feet. I did not want to take them off. They are beauties that you will surely love.

1 person likes this.
  20. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

1. When i tried on L0 back zips it felt brutal. But the lace ups i tried on at Pn/p felt fine imo. I expected CCP to be more brutal then they were but i was able to wear those with 0 foot pain since day one.
    2. Does "Harveys" have an online shop at all? Anyway to see his inventory.
    3. PH shoes when i saw them in Rome looked insanely well built, almost triple leather sole.
    4. IS croc boot was really sturdy imo as well.