1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

these look good

kinda like the ma+ take on those better
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  2. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Yes. "In the hands of the gods" [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Waiting on my CORS high neck is in the hands of the gods as well. I did get an overlock to tide me over

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

5. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

One of the best I've seen so far this season. Bravo, Alessio :slayer:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    3 people like this.
  6. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Wow. Those are beauties.

7. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

very nice.. wish he didn't notch the heels still though :( though that shit gets ground down when vibramming and i have it filled too still wish it wasn't there at all.

8. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

IS:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Idk I look at IS and some MA+ and think most of their footwear is boring. :-/

10. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

shrug you could say the same thing about carpe or really anything for similar reasons i'm sure. there's something perfect though in the "boring" footwear from those brands because while there isn't really anything that stands out or is particularly attention getting... often can't find much of anything to nit pic.

some laced carpe boots are almost indistinguishable from the semi-formed prototypical concept of a "laced boot" that exists in my head that most other offerings differ from in one feature or another and so for me it's a sort of a design win

6 people like this.
  11. AlexanderTG

Yup. I totally agree with @abraxis

And not that Sinne's post needs me to elaborate why I disagree, but . . .

I don't come from a baller boot/artisanal/goth ninja background. Very much the opposite. But I'm learning about all these styles and picking and choosing pieces that I can incorporate into my (increasingly aggressive) wardrobe.

I'm trying to find the perfect ankle boot. Something with laces that's easy to put on and take off and something that won't attract too much attention. This IS as well as the Layer-0 that Eck posted both fit that bill. They're very simple and potentially "boring" but there is something special about both of them that kind of glows when I look at them.

Nobody I will probably ever meet in my area will ever know or care about what boots I'm wearing. But me knowing the work that goes into them and the difficulty that sometimes ensues in the "quest" to attain them will make me feel special every time I wear them.

6 people like this.
  12. eton97

eton97 Senior member

you've got the perfect ankle boot with laces[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 16, 2014
  13. AlexanderTG

Ha! I have a beautiful pair of A1923 work boots, it's true (and thank you). ;)

But I'm looking for something a bit shorter, less eye holes, and possibly a bit more all-season. The work boots are great, just kind of a bit more, er, hearty when the warmer months come.

14. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Boring but beautifully executed is better than a lot of stuff that gets posted in here IMO.

3 people like this.
  15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I am going to reply to all 3 of you in one shot i hope.

I agree with you guys on everything. I like CD/MA+/IS/etc. I am actually very happy those artisans exist and if i ever wanted a, as brad said, beautifully executed boot i can go buy one. I feel that other than CD most of those are fairly easily available as well. Before everyone starts cussing at me about this just understand that my tastes are different than yours and should be respected. I am also not a fan of guidi (well i like some) and people love them. Nevertheless, never say never, I may get one of the above sometime. For example i love the ma+ back zip and don't have it.

What i do find unique is CCP/A1923/L0. I would divide this into 2 categories for purchasing zips and lace ups. For zips ccp/a1923, lace ups L0.

Anyways to cut this short, I like things that are a bit different and not as classic but having the same level of execution as the above mentioned brands.

Cheers folks...

:cheers:

Caution - Yes i know everyone borrows and is inspired by something. Not saying any of the shoes here are unique in general but unique atm or in the genre. Someone may have done it. Lets not have the copy this that conversation for the millionth time.

1 person likes this.
  16. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

I may sadly need to let go of the l-0 x inaisce i just got due to a fit issue. Got a great deal and could pass along the savings.

1 person likes this.
  17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

too small or too big?

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

did you buy the size 44 from SZ?

19. AlexanderTG

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

donkey is a very tough leather. not sure that it loses to horse, at least in my experience.

guidi laces are amazingly durable too for how thin they are too wish we could make a group buy for spare laces in different colors. definitely need a red pair for my av_field derbies.