1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Archive basically said "you're not going to get through to MA+," and I tend to believe them. MA+ doesn't have a website, and I've never heard of anyone getting in contact with them for anything but orders. I'm going to take it to a few cobblers in DC and see if they can just re-welt the shoe. If not... that's artisanal quality control for ya [​IMG]

2. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

that's fucking bullshit.

10 people like this.
  3. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Try emailing m.a+. I know the belief is against it, but I emailed them once, a few years back, asking for help locating a particular model and I got a reply. They were even friendly enough. I contacted them at this address: info@maurizioamadei.com.

2 people like this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thats what i've been trying to say, it won't hurt to send an email

5. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

What a strange website that domain is. Seems like spam in japanese haha

6. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Fuck to the power infinite. Got one of my grails in the Augusta high hightops in llama leather, black hemp laces, and they're just fucking perfect. Couldn't believe I got them in my size. Well, it seems that Simone is still fucking with me cause these don't fit as marked. Not even close.

Any size 43's or 42's (marked 44 lmao) interested in a great deal on an unworn pair of these? [​IMG]

They look like this, but better. Darker deep black leather and really rough mesh hemp laces.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2014
  7. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

the problem, i suspect, is that maurizio only designs the boots - doesn't actually manufacture them. still, it shouldn't happen. from the obvious similarities it seems that IS among others also uses the same shoemaker.

8. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i can confirm that l&f is super close to ma+, would not surprise me if its same factory.

10. Ggrass

Ggrass Active Member

Do lost&found footwear fit TTS?

11. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

So, I'm still waiting on word from Brad T on the KKA Chukkas . . . but in the meantime I've put in an order for these MOTOs. [​IMG]

Cordovan, hand-dyed and made in Japan and just skimming the $700 minimum for this thread (apologies).

Contacted MOTO directly and they dye them as people order them. Really looking forward to a little brown to contrast all the black I've copped over the past year.

They have some amazing leather goods. Here's a link to this shoe.

They're way into their leather aging and there's lots of great stuff on their blogs comparing the leather over time and wear. These should look pretty stellar after a few months.

4 people like this.
  12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Hey man, sorry, I am too waiting on replies :( Mercury won't stock them but I am waiting a reply from Essence. Worse case, you might be able to get them when they drop in January.

Those look good!

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

heck no... the 10 is more like an 11...

i am probably going to sell mine at cost + shipping because i have something else i want atm and did not wear the boots yet

14. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

No need to apologize. Truly. I'm fine waiting till whenever. But I saw these and they just spoke to me.

I can wait until Jan.

BTW, MOTO has some nice chukkas around the same price point. They're way more trad but still beautiful dye jobs.

[​IMG]

15. Ggrass

Ggrass Active Member

too bad, wanted to get a pair in half size bigger that i usually wear(last size in stock)

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Idk what your size is but to me a l&f size 10 can fit a 11-11.5. So use that logic for whatever boot you are buying. And if it's yoox you can return.

17. eton97

eton97 Senior member

I hope these are what I've got coming soon.
    Fingers crossed these are the aw14 renna derby.
    Looks like renna.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2014
    9 people like this.
  18. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

D, I though you were getting these :rotflmao:

[​IMG]

19. eton97

eton97 Senior member

There is nothing at the photo source saying these are the aw14 renna. I'm just hoping/assuming they are...in which case, yes, I will be receiving a pair shortly [​IMG]

20. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Did Vertice give you a ETA?