The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I like the them- there a some cool leather/color variations out there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

good luck man, i almost ordered them but that 11 is huge apparently

3. dnna1

dnna1 Senior member

haha maybe not quite the last........[​IMG] Anyway, yeah I am not crazy about the moldy looking stuff on my augustas but it actually looks really good worn and when I get them for like 40 percent of retail I won't be too picky

4. Biggen

Biggen Senior member

^
    I love the look of them, if they had a 45 in stock I would have bought them.

5. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

i think you should get them at the price that they are now. Vaz is surely better quality than shoto, no doubt.

6. hendrix

hendrix Ill-proportioned

Shahanshah - I have heard many tales of your cosmic wanderings.

Here is a shoe stitched by the talented Octageans on the planet Dinkelacker.

[​IMG]

(Found browsing MC)

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

oh man... screw shoto! after that experience, i am very hessitant with getting shoes that hide the stitching joining outsole and welt

8. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

I think you would have nothing to worry about Vaz. Don't know about shoto, but having handled Vaz myself, and my brother's CCP boots, I can say that both are very well made. Vaz has the cleaner look, and the sole is definitely much thicker than all the Guidis I own. Just add a Vibram sole, and these boots could probably last longer than you. I'm really tempted to get the derbies too, but I'm not sure if 40 would first me at all. If I were you, and I wanted a clean looking boot, I think at that price, those are too good to pass up.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

hey since you have seen Vaz boots in person, is the sole double leather? the website doesnt show the sole

10. aether

aether Senior member

how is the sizing on these CDiems? are we supposed to size down or up? I am usually a 12US or 45EU... would a 46CDiem fit me?

11. winston86dit

winston86dit Senior member

aether- You should be good in a 46 in that style. I'm the same size as you and I remember trying those on in a 45 and they were tight as hell. It could have been the leather that was on the one I tried on, but still, those are a bit less forgiving than the lace up styles in my experience.

12. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

yea, the soles are double leather. maybe I could take some pics for you before you decide. I'll have the pics by tomorrow.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

that would be great thank you

14. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

re: sizing
    I'm typically an 8D (in alden barrie/trubalance lasts and many other name brands), 9.5 in sneakers like nike/adidas, 42 in margiella. I wear a 40/41 in Carpe diem, a 42 in guidi. A 40 really fits the size of my foot, but, and I'm sure this is the case with many, a 41 fits easier given the incredibly low instep of carpe diem footwear, which makes an otherwise perfectly fitting shoe feel small. However, I a 41 is really a touch long for me. The low instep can be remedied by stretching the instep (costs about $25). So I now have a pair of carpe diem 5-hole in size 40 that fits my instep and isn't too long. So I'd say size 2 down from guidi and get the instep stretched (it doesn't affect the appearance of the shoe really).