1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. bokhan

bokhan Senior member

What's currently the cheapest site for ordering Guidis?

2. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

4. bokhan

bokhan Senior member

Damn, 250 less than everyone else! All sold out though. :(

5. Razele

Razele Senior member

Yeah I kopped two pair of reverse backzips in horse for 1500 CAD shipped, brand new

Love a good deal

Especially when RRP is getting fucking silly

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

they are 250 less because many are consigned and use. condition is always good though

7. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Theyre looking good.

You dont see black SBUC very frequently, everyone seems to order black in veg tanned/LUC except one recent buy at PNP

I wonder why that is? LUC is I assume softer and heavier given the veg tanning. Does SBUC come out a more pure black?

8. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

Actually, they start off around ~$1000, then slowly move lower towards $750 over time. These are the brand new Guidi with boxes.

9. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Any recs for insoles for Guidi boots? Will the drug store thin ones just be a waste or is it better to go with Taco or something like that? Mine fit fine, just looking for a little arch support.

Thanks.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Not sure either. Sbuc is white tanned then dyed black and comes out more matte black IMO.

Check rei, you can open boxes and try the insoles out.

11. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

The leather ones like tacco don't have any arch support, they're just flat. If you need support I'd go with superfeet.

12. AlexanderTG

13. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

14. AlexanderTG

I guess it's a little of both I'm looking for. The boots fit well but I could use an extra quarter inch of padding over the whole foot just for the heck of it. And if I was going to do that I figure I'd add a bit of arch support in there as well.

I have the smaller white inserts for some of my sneaks. But didn't think they'd be as easy to adapt to in zip up boots.

15. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Picked these vintage CCP up from ebay, but they're too small fuck it. Colour is amazing, such a shame

The upper is stapled to the sole along the sides like you can see, but the leather is so thick I don't know how they managed it.

Interesting to see how the toe shape has changed over time

1 person likes this.
  16. AlexanderTG

Very nice.

What size are they?

17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Arch support real talk: I love insoles, I buy all my shoes specifically to wear with insoles, usually going up a half size. I couldn't imagine wearing a pair of shoes without insoles now. If you don't need arch support, I'd imagine Taco or a pair of supermarket cheap insoles or nothing would be fine, depending on your boots/shoes.

For boots, I'll always put Superfeet in them. I find them the most comfortable and durable. Get thee to an REI or other store that lets you try them on and find the one that works the best for you (and your specific pair of boots). Here's a list so you can get an idea:

http://www.superfeet.com/en-us/insoles-and-sandals

For derbies, Carpe boots with a really low instep, or shoes that just fit pretty well without insoles, even the lowest profile Superfeet still have too much volume. Pedag Viva with arch support is basically high quality Taco insoles with arch-support and they don't add much volume to the inside of the shoe. The leather will also compress as you wear them and give a very good fit while still providing arch support:

http://www.amazon.com/Pedag-Orthoti...8576617&sr=1-7&keywords=pedag+leather+insoles

I do a lot of walking and standing when I'm out and I couldn't walk 5-10 kilometers in my baller boots/shoes without insoles.

I wouldn't wear baller boots for hiking around in the snow if they weren't comfortable:

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  18. skeen7908

skeen7908 Senior member

Well they say "2" on the bottom whatever that means. I'd say they're somewhere between 40.5 and 41.5 Euro sizing

Just noticed the leather sole has a groove cut transversely across it, to act as a flex point I guess

19. AlexanderTG

Thanks, Nicely.

I ordered a pair of the black Superfeet from Amazon. Will see how it goes when they come in next week.

Thanks for your detailed response. Very cool info.