1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

:lol: you never know, idk if i am liking the lace ups that much at the moment... maybe they will grow on me

2. eton97

eton97 Senior member

They look grotesquely beautiful IMO.
    Never a fan of the titanium in any of his recent collection. But nevertheless cool

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I liked the seamless boots with titanium but i wouldn't wear them due to not being practical.

4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

What is not practical about them? I've seen plenty of people wearing them.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

idk about you but i don't really want metal pieces sticking out of my shoes

6. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

So because you don't want that look, it's not practical?

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yes it is not practical for me, i thought my previous comment made that clear.

8. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Those mutant CCP hikers look great, probably a good purchase at this point with WW3 starting and whatnot

Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Damn didn't think about that, guess the ccp pre-orders will take longer for everyone

10. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Nothing about that entire outfit interests me. :embar:

11. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Yeah.... that outfit is pretty shitty IMO. Super feminine looking with the capri pants. Horses for courses.

12. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Bobo ~avante-garde~ is what the image is. At a guess: Harnden jacket & pants, CCP boots, rolex(?), and werkstatt munchen jewelery. The worst aspects of SZ just ejaculated on him.

13. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Down with cropped pants, but not those ones. Don't like how they drift away from the calf.

14. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

WM is entry-level, that's def. some CH

15. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Yes, I just wanted to clear that up. Your original comment made it sound like they are not practical due to possibly a comfort or some other factor.

@nicelynice, have you had a chance to check out any GBS stuff in Japan? I find his work to be a lot better than Harnden and almost as hard to obtain.

16. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Oh, man. You know I was thinking chrome farts and then I just defaulted to WM. Dang.

17. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

GBS stuff seems nice and I'm sure its nicely made/great materials and its nice how he participates on sz and shares knowledge, but aesthetically i rarely prefer it to harnden jacket wise. It usually seems more specific periody to me in a way i don't like.

Elena Dawson is more interesting to me, but stockists are hard to find :(

On that note.. picked up some hender scheme sneakers today and couldn't be happier. Almost everything I want in a sneaker. I still love a1923 for the distressed/treated looked, hender scheme is definitely a cleaner look but quality/fit/design are all really amazing for the money. Had to splurge for both the gats/af1s in black since apparently it's not produced consistently like the natural leather versions which I'll probably get at some point.

Story is great too apparently dude was a cobbler and got fed up with repairing Rick dunks so he knew when he designed a shoe that it was going to be durable and easy to maintain and keep going. Hence the sole literally is vibram toe/heel and compressed leather for the rest... stuff any cobbler should have on hand and be able to swap out.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

worn shot with IE pants, thanks skeen ;p no lie though buttons do fall right off one is already falling off and these are unworn.
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Interested to know more about this; been reading about Hender Scheme lately but never came across such a story.

http://havenshop.ca/intel/hender-scheme-a-conversation-with-ryo-kashiwazaki/

19. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Haven't tried on any for sure. Just based on images I've seen of his collections. Absolutely may change my take when I try it on.

Yeah maas and stacks had a lot of hender scheme stories. I don't have more details on his cobbler history, but other ones are:

Apparently he also makes cordovan versions of the AF1s for $2800. But he will not do custom sizes anymore because this rich dude hit him up for a pair and the whole process was a nightmare despite a lot of money being thrown his way and after that experience he refuses to do it anymore. Apparently this rich dude is famous or something?

After some further questions it turned out the dude was Kanye West. He had no idea who Kanye West was. Fucking Kanye ruining custom sizing for the rest of us.

Another story was when he was in SF the maas and stacks guys took him to Nopa and they had a really cool to go box. He was so delighted by it that he had the m&s guys get him a few unused ones. Think he's releasing a leather version of it as a "not to go box" in fall.

But yeah everything they said about him makes him seem like the japanese artisan who just makes cool shit type. The hypebeast attention is very strange to him and he was like yeah I get recognized in New York now on the streets, it's strange.

Basically Hender Scheme is just him and 2 other guys and they work with a small family run production factory of 3-4 folks.

Edit: Thx for interview Uncontrol!

Edit2: http://shop.acehotel.com/product/ace-hotel-x-hender-scheme-custom-slippers/ <- very strange collab

2 people like this.