1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. hendrix

hendrix Well-Known Member

I don't understand how you guys can talk about comfort over the internet.

Comfort is entirely due to how well the shoe fits you. Which comes down to your individual feet.

3 people like this.
  2. uzairh

uzairh Well-Known Member

Why thank you!
    Where did you try them? Lift? Shelter?

3. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Tried 'em on at Lift, haven't been to Shelter yet

4. Abraxis

Abraxis Well-Known Member

I feel like that's true... all these brands are pretty much the same comfort to me which is "pretty comfortable" except for the ones that are too small. Most comfortable are still probably my attachment boots, but that's as hendrix says... just happens to be the best fitting pair.

5. joewood

joewood Well-Known Member

a1923 derbies looks so much better than CCP derbies IMO. Really not a fan of CCP derbies shape. Some of Carol's coats and leathers are very nice, but in footwear I prefer Simone's.

Something very special is coming from IS. Might be too awesome to be true. :))

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  6. sinnedk

sinnedk Well-Known Member

Well the double zips (same ones eton has) that i like are $2035.53 in euro prices (couldn't find them cheaper anywhere). CCP a bit cheaper. But I do agree US CCp/A1923 prices would be very close. I tend to get mine from the office and if not him it would be pn/p where the prices still put a1923 higher

Thats true, cannot argue that. But we are comparing and the bit of info may help someone in the future. For example CCP for me fit like my nikes and a1923 are much rougher but once worn in would be fine.

7. nicelynice

Forgot how sleek CCP boots are, feel like a magical fairy running around in these.. reminds me of an old pair of Dior side-zips using better leather
    These are the leather I was looking for though, COIL, from 2009. Tried these on at Lift four years, very comfortable, happy I saw them pop up again

Not sure I love the minimal toebox, feels a little flat, especially the side view.. but it's an interesting change from my other boots at least

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2014
    7 people like this.
  8. nicelynice

Bonus toebox line-up shot because I was curious:

[​IMG]
    Carpe/Jun Hashimoto, 123&124, CCP, Guidi (older model, more bulbous), A1923

My favorite is the Carpe/Jun Hashimoto, but I do like the A1923 a bit slimmer in white - I don't want a gigantic white shoe.

7 people like this.
  9. joewood

joewood Well-Known Member

why do you wear shoe trees?

10. ClambakeSkate

ClambakeSkate Well-Known Member

Guidi for life.

probably just the former denim fanatic in me

11. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Indeed, toebox from the side is less than flattering.

12. eton97

eton97 Well-Known Member

The white Augusta toe cap for me is 100% the best.
    Then again I do own the double zip in black...

13. eton97

eton97 Well-Known Member

Double zip ss14 toe cap = Perfection.
    CCP just too pointy.

Double zip toe: Pre and post polish

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  14. nicelynice

Yeah, those are amazing.. Blows the CCPs I just posted out of the water - see, this is why I don't care who he's copying, just looks better to me. How are they to put on? I've always had a tough time getting boots on my foot, I wonder how much a zipper that goes halfway down would bother me

Gets really humid here in the summer, cedar keeps them dry and mold free

Yeah, it just looks 100% flat there. They do look decent when viewed from a normal human viewpoint. 2D shoes!!
    Don't exactly fit my style but I'm looking forward to pairing them with a suit, think it could look very sharp.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6 people like this.
  15. eton97

eton97 Well-Known Member

Honestly once the leather gives and they start to break in, the double zip mechanism works perfectly. They are incredibly comfortable and I could easily wear them all day (which I do very happily on the weekends). Why would the zippers bother you? You open up both the zippers to put on the boot and then close them. You don't feel them inside. And like I said after 5-6 goes, they are far easier and simpler to get on and off.
    But honestly simone nailed it this season with the entire shape and fit. Toe cap, shaft, and overall shape.
    Also they definitely don't look as 'flat' in a profile shot vs the CCP.
    I also owned tornadoes in coil and found the leather dropped the creases after 6 months of wear. No chance of this happening on the Augusta.
    [​IMG]

16. nicelynice

The zipper doesn't go all the way down, right? Reaches halfway? I guess opening the other zipper helps loosen the whole boot. I just meant how much would it bother me just trying to get the shoe on my foot. I think I have a wide heel or something because I even struggle with backzips sometimes

I'm digging through other pics of CCP footwear and I never really noticed how... flat they were. Even trying them on in stores, never something I picked up on. The fun of owning shoes :)

17. eton97

eton97 Well-Known Member

The back zipper goes down to just above your ankle. The side zipper works exactly as you say. It helps open up the entire boot to facilitate putting your foot in. Once the leather breaks in the system works really really well.
    I have to admit that when they were new and the leather was really stiff, taking them on and off was a real hassle, but like I said, once broken in the system is great. Zero effort.

18. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Well-Known Member

Are those the 2010 model NN? They do look much flatter than other pics I've seen -- most side views of ccp have this perfectly sloping triangular shape; it's only from the front that I find them flat. Or is this what happens after extended wear?

19. hazmat

hazmat Member

Those look lovely , keep them & they indeed do look great with a suit.
    I guess you already realized this but these are a rare pair of mismatched boots , the shape of the left boot is different from the right.
    There were only a few pairs made if I recollect! One toe box is pointier and longer the other one wider!

20. hazmat

hazmat Member

This is not true , CCP made the same sneakers circa 2005 , I think the original inspiration was derived from some army sneakers