1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

@onijo84 My wait time for a jacket and pants was three months. This is what I've always been quoted as a turn around on IE orders.

2. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Three months is a pretty reasonable amount of time. Any fit pics of IE clothing that aren't pants? Wish there was a local stockist, would love to check the brand out
    Does IE also stand for anything? Internet Explorer??

Last edited: Jul 2, 2014
  3. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

heh heh heh

3 people like this.
  4. fistinyoface

@nicelynice There's a jacket and coat up on layers. I'd almost recommend not looking due to the terrible pictues. The jacket isn't meant to be worn with the lapels down; it's got the kissing buttons thing like Devoa jackets.

Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
  5. raags

raags Senior member

I figure this is the best place to ask this question.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I recently got these Miharayasuhiro boots from Rak. I am unsure if they are suede or reverse leather - the inside lining of the boots seems to be leather but it also appears to be a separate layer to the pieced that has been stitched together. This and the feel of them leads me to believe they are suede but I'm not totally sure. If they're suede, should I be applying some kind of suede spray to protect them? If so, any recommendations as to what is good?

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

@spacepope So it was you who jumped on those IE pants. Get us some fit pics man.

@eck dude…15 months. damn. I would have by then forgotten my order.

@fist 3 months sounds reasonable.

7. ambivalence

ambivalence Senior member

Also own the ie pants (cotton/ramie) bought from hide-m easily the nicest pants I own. Construction and fit is good

8. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Who did? Wonder if it was the one I owned and sold

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Went to check the price of MA+ staple derbies.. WOW. I know these are kind of a knockoff, but they're better leather for 1/4 of the price

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I like lien a lot, they don't have my size though. Knockoff or not they are worth having.

11. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Seeing all this talk about beautiful pants makes me want to mention that I'm sure I have jumped off the deep end after kopping the LUC top stitch free jeans (made of 1950's Italian bread bags) from Hide.

Should be here soon and I'm expecting them to fit in nicely with all the other stuff I've gotten over the last few months. Thanks to all for your help guiding me towards an aesthetic that I really feel lends itself to my work, my climate and will surely age gracefully with me.

But man, when I thought Kiton and Cuccinelli was where I was heading that it was going to break me. Glad I held off on all that. ;)

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. fistinyoface

What makes you think they're better leather?

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Lien uses guidi leather so that may be why but I imagine ma+ sources guidi as well.

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

It was from dhhongoo (sp?) size 50 and he was the original owner. Thanks to eckblk for the head's up :) Honestly my fencing grail is one from that extra thick horse that BSR got one made in.. and not sure if JUICY > CORS, but it is an iconic iteration and nice/thick and significantly cheaper than custom ordering one + wait time so fuck it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  15. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

He might have handled them in person, but from the pics the lien looks thicker, maybe that's why?

16. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

@ddohnggo also a has a rools scarstitch in sz48 col 19 for cheap (around 2300-2400usd) i think.

17. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

fun fact: his username means butthole in korean

2 people like this.
  18. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Juicy and Cors are very different. One isn't better than the other. Cors is slightly shinier and a deeper truer black. Juicy has more a matt hand with a slightly antique feel to it. Also had more varied black/brown undertones vs Cors. Both of similar thickness.
    Enjoy your purchase [​IMG]

19. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Nod, I have a cors scarstitch and the leather is my favorite out of all I've ever handled, but I have a special spot for horse leather in my heart. I also like the shinier finish. One of the reasons I was never super into Juicy was because the pics I've seen made it look very brown and the very fact that it's calf.

I don't really believe that one type of leather is inherently better than the other for all people, but I do really like cors so am unsure if juicy can win me over. I was very happy when dude provided pics and it looked super black in them.

20. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Yes. I have to admit Cors is my all time favourite as well. My high neck is the one jacket I'll not be selling.
    I hear you on horse vs calf. I have the same preference.
    Also exactly the same feeling with horse over calf on footwear...in fact even more so when it comes to footwear.
    One thing is for sure the fencing in either Cors or juicy are far far superior to KALB which IMO was one of the worst leathers carol has ever used. I hated it on the fencing.

Edit: I also unfortunately found that the fencing (irrelevant of leather) just didn't work for me. High neck in Cors is my all time favourite. By a long shot. [​IMG]