1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Yeah layer 0 leathers have always interested me. The details like the lining and that crazy zipper he uses sometimes all are great. awesome purchase

2. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea boots aren't that great but i thought the design was kinda interesting, probably not IRL

4. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

That jacket is a beauty. Congrats!

Is there a separate Layer-0 blog? I can't seem to find it.

Thanks.

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah, that jacket is fantastic. Sure you'll wear it well

More pics of the 123&124 shoes after a week or so of breaking them in, waiting for this soccer game to start!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14 people like this.
  6. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Thank you and others too!

The blog: http://www.pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/

1 person likes this.
  7. joewood

joewood Well-Known Member

Layer-0 leather jacket is beautiful. I like how simple it is.

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

do you have more info on these such as where to buy and cost.... i like those a lot

9. bdude

bdude Senior member

10. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

/\ Fit is different from earlier models; not boxy at at all. Much slimmer and fitted all over. Cut is also shorter than earlier seasons.

They had the same model available in cotton also; I don't know if any store got it.

The earlier collection blazers/jackets used to have the 'A' panel on the back; glad mine doesn't:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014
  11. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ yep i dont like that. Happy to see layer-0 is improving desing. Any chance for fit pix?

12. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I don't know too much about the brand, unfortunately. I think they were only produced for a season or two back in 2010. They show up occasionally on Rakuten or Yahoo auctions, been searching for a couple years now and lucked into a brand new pair. Sorry I can't be of more help!

13. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Guidis are like slippers comfortable, moo just loves to shave against the grain.

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

thanks, can you estimate those normally cost

Everybody's feet are different and what one finds comfortable another may not. He didn't find guidi comfortable and thats a completely valid opinion. I know some shoes such as a1923 and guidi have a break in period so maybe when you get past that the shoes are comfy. But some of us feel that shoes should be comfortable out of the box. The point is that everyone is valid. I think someone needs to clarify whether after the break in period the guidi become comfortable (@nicelynice probably will have the best opinion). Innately thats what we should know. I did not own guidi long enough to find out whether they break into the comfort all of you describe. But then again I prefer to have something comfortable out of the box. The a1923 i owned needed some break in and even after the break in they weren't as comfy as my tornados.

Question for everyone, how hard do you guys wear your "baller boots"? I find myself wearing my tornados mostly on the weekend but when i do i wear them for 8hrs+ walking.

15. smashwindow

Guidis take a few weeks to break in for sure and are uncomfortable for 5 days at most. The reason why they become so comfortable is that they come tight and then mold to your foot, if they werent uncomfortable at first they wouldnt be as comfortable in the end. I'm a big fan of the double sole guidis like the 788Z, more structure, less meat sock.

16. smashwindow

I wear my boots hand shoed hard, pretty much everyday I alternate between 4 pairs of CCP, 3 pairs of guidi and 2 pairs of A1923, I find myself resolving heels about once a year on average

1 person likes this.
  17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I paid a $400 for the 123&124 new, I think retail was a little more than double that

I wear my baller boots as hard as anything else. Anything I can't walk 10k in and wear all day doesn't really do it for me. I don't wear derbies in the mud or rain, though, and I think I will try to keep my white boots clear of mud and rain as well. Well made boots can take a tough beating and will clean up nicely if you take care of them. No reason to baby them

Guidi lace-ups in a softer leather are fantastic with insoles. I wouldn't wear CCP or Augusta or whatnot in any of these situations:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3 people like this.
  18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Wear my guidi donkey derbies probably 5 days a week on average for about 10 hrs a day and when they get wear on weekends I may walk 5+ miles in them in a day around SF. Have taken them traveling, hiking, music festivals where I'm on my feet for 10+ hrs and pogo-dance with other people stomping on my feet... as comfortable as anything else I own. Maybe MMM sneakers are slightly more comfortable, but less durable.

Don't use insoles and sometimes go sockless. It isn't really an issue.

I resole once a year or two... basically when an edge wears down to the leather heel. I burn through heel taps in like 3 wears though thank goodness Vibram is tough :) The thing is the stitching is ripping out in several places in my derbies especially in the back and some of the side of the flap has actually worn away.

I think another couple weeks they'll be ready for a resole where I'll get the stitching fixed. I imagine they still have 3 years left in them easy... not too shabby given how often I wear them. I've had them for 3 years and received them probably in 7-8 at most condition. Not sure how hard they were worn before.

My ccp sidezips in size 6 are probably my least comfortable shoe but they might be slightly toooo small. I have a pair of guidi combats that are tight.. probably need more break in. My Attachment boots are my best fitting and most comfortable pair for sure.

19. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Where do you guys send in your Guidis for resole? Just wondering how they look with non guidi made soles. The sole is one of its unique aspects

20. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

By resole we mean the vibram on the heel... it's not the whole sole. it's not that noticeable..

Sure they shave the heel and front part down so it can still sit flat on the ground and not feel weird and to have a flat surface to apply the vibram.. but...

Vibram on the heel and the front part
    [​IMG]

Would look something like this from the side.. is that noticeable enough to bother you?
    [​IMG]

Oh I go to F&J Western in Santa Clara, CA. Now that I live in SF though I'm probably too lazy to make the drive and not willing to wait until my next exodus down... so will mail. eckblk mails to him regularly from Texas.