1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Those IS derbies, especially the Super Vachetta, are fucking incredible. Holy shit.

2. Lionheart Biker

Lionheart Biker Senior member

I`m not a religious person but I`m quite sure this is what heaven would look like. I mean, those first ones!!.... all of them actually [​IMG]

Last edited: May 16, 2014
  3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Went to archive today to try on the double zip a1923 in whatever the stiff horse is and I gotta say it was super hard to get my foot in there.

I am contemplating the boots but the price tag mixed with the break in period is killing me...

4. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

^ was at archive a few days ago and the main thing that stood out besides that a1923 was the guidi horse backzip. had a wow effect.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i like what guidi does but am completely not interested in their footwear

6. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

no argument here.

i also like the little dot things they do that look like eyelets but really are not.

---

i need this if just for the insoles:

[​IMG]

7. JSAN

JSAN Senior member

8. pastels

pastels New Member

i'm considering buying a guidi on the classifieds knowing it's 1 size too big (after sizing up one), with the idea of sticking insoles in to make them fit. is this a terrible idea? i know its kind of a dumb minor issue...but any advice here would be appreciated! thanks!!

9. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Lace-ups or zips? Lace-ups are usually a bit more forgiving in sizing. I usually go a half size up on boots and stick insoles in

10. djt00

djt00 Senior member

Does anyone have experience in both Guidi 995 and 991? Similar sizing?

I have 991's in a size 42 (outsole length about 29,8 cm). 995's in a 42 outsole is just 29 cm(?) My feet is about 26,2 cm, so not sure if I'd need 42 or 43 in 995's.

11. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Augusta derby aw14

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    8 people like this.
  12. 5354

5354 Senior member

toebox looking so good, I'd say similar to s45m in sleekness (from these pics)

13. pastels

pastels New Member

they are the zips... i would be taking 2 sizes up in total. tempted by the listing but i'll probably regret it.

14. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

does someone know if the 2007 diagonal zip ccp model is the same as the 2009 am/2521sx? or were there several variations

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

can't answer that question directly, but "am/2521sx" is the leather and dye process code which changes in between seasons i think, sadly i have nothing else on this one

16. raags

raags Senior member

This is the best place I feel to ask this as I am hunting on Rakuten for some destroyed leather black boots... Been looking at a few wjk ones which fit the bill but haven't found anything with an outsole that matches what I usually wear (28.5-29cm), they are all about 30-31cm.

Do the big Rakuten shops (BLOWZ/kind) tend to be generous with their measurements? And will wearing boots that are 1-2cm too long be a big deal if I add an insole? I am impatient and really want before the cold weather sets in here...

17. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

They're usually pretty accurate with their sizing but keep in mind those shoes generally have a big toebox which can add a little to the outdoor measurement.

Have you looked at Jun hashimoto? I like the quality of his boots a bit better than WJK which can be inconsistent between seasons. Jun hashimoto reverse calf and destroyed horse are both excellent and pop up for good prices all the time. Jun sizing is also very consistent and you can generally just go TTS and not worry beyond that

Last edited: May 18, 2014
    1 person likes this.
  18. raags

raags Senior member

Thanks NN. I really like the CDIem-esque WJK ones but I've also heard Jun Hashimoto has done similar stuff. Quality is a big factor but I haven't actually handled either brand in person so your input is valuable. I'll keep an eye out :) Any suggestions where to look besides SF/SuFu/Yahoo JP/Rakuten/SZ?

19. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I don't know the quality of Diet Butcher boots but the sneakers are nice, I saw these I thought about em but I might just chill for something else. Could be a good buy

http://page2.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/b154617862

1 person likes this.
  20. raags

raags Senior member

They are pretty much exactly what I am after! I just bought them. Thanks dude!! Will update when they come in