• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stop thinking of Augusta as if it were a highly commoditized good with many alternatives. It's a luxury good that adheres to a very specific market which happens to consist of wealthy individuals. People with high levels of disposal income do not care if the good costs 1.2k or 2.4k. If they buy it, that's what the good is worth. It may not be the price YOU'RE willing to pay, but worth is not determined until a buyer and a seller mutually agree on a price. Doesn't matter if YOU don't think it's worth it as long as there's someone else who does. If there is a buyer who is willing pay a 200 dollar increase every year for the aesthetic, Simone has every right as the seller to price it that way. If it's rare, people will pay more for it.

Are you sure you're talking about Augustas? And not about Hermes, Louis Vuitton, etc and their clientele? Or you equate one with the other(s)? In this case you completely miss philosophy behind the artisan brands.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
Despite what you think and those that say otherwise, the artisanal goods we discuss here are still luxury goods economically speaking.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I never stated they were worth 2k. They're worth whatever people will pay, and Simone has priced it accordingly. Clearly it's working as the footwear and clothing is selling. 

If you want to play the Augusta game then open your wallet and not your mouth.

editing this in: There were boots going for over 2k back in 2008. Like or not, this stuff has been absurdly priced (for us regular folk) as long as it's been around.

Yet you kept arguing and legitimizing the 2k price point for several pages.

The end question is why is a1923 worth more than ma+/IS/CCP. what makes them more special?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
we just ******* said it like four times. it's because people are buying it. that's what determines worth.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Despite what you think and those that say otherwise, the artisanal goods we discuss here are still luxury goods economically speaking.

They are luxury goods in the broad perspective but the problem is that you are comparing an established fashion house like LV or Hermes or etc to a1923 who has been around since 1923, no i think 2007.

If we compare LV to a1923 on a luxury good level then LV can charge whatever they want because they have proven quality and consistency. A1923 has done the quality part and only recently started making things semi consistent. Consistent for the sake of this argument is having certain items that define the fashion house and are released most seasons.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
for you, sinnedk:

are you autistic by any chance?

Last edited:

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score

Anyone can suggest a comparable alternative to Christophe Lemaire side zip boot? It is gorgeous but the shaft height paired with the side zip is making me cautious to wear it. I cannot bend my ankle essentially. It will take some breaking in and I'm just curious how it will effect the integrity of the zipper pull. Anyone have experience with really stiff leather ankle boots? There is also some heel slip but the shaft really holds your foot in place. If Fuuma is reading this I know you got experience with many makes of footwear like boots :eek:

I have a pair of CCP that are really stiff, yeah less comfy. Pics of Lemaire boots?

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
probably these from yoox:

toasty,

had a similar experience with my side zip augustas, which were really tight at first. breaking them in took a few wears, but it didn't affect the zipper. actually, i think the zipper broke in too so it's actually easier to zip now

Last edited:

Jbravo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Surprisingly these boots turned out to be quite soft and comfortable when I tried them on. I had expected them to be extremely stiff.

ceoceo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
>_>

<_<

Sooo.. What are some good 8 hole combat boots-ish stuffs around $800 other than Guidi? I have a couple pairs of their stuffs but I would like something with more shape.

Last edited:

eton97

Reaction score

Surprisingly these boots turned out to be quite soft and comfortable when I tried them on. I had expected them to be extremely stiff.
Very strange....I owned a pair that were so incredibly stiff and heavy, they ended up being unbearable. Are you sure yours were horse? There was an identical version in Lama.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads