1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Thanks eckblk for the sizing advice. sized 1 down from the normal 54 I wear for a1923 blazers...

[​IMG]

4 black a1923 blazers seems a bit excessive, but I am a linen junkie. Seems like hemp wasn't produced for ss14? Or did some shops pick it up? Do you know eckblk?

10 people like this.
  2. in stitches

in stitches Senior member Moderator

^^ thats is quite cool. ^^

lawlz

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

not really religious, i'd say more of a cool to have a cross on things in the rock star sense those guys aren't religious and wear crosses all the time.

1 person likes this.
  4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

not only, it will just look weird although it could become all the rage with those jew for jesus folks

5. in stitches

um, i dont exactly see eye to eye with those folks, but this is not the place for that at all.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i wasn't implying that at all, it was joke

7. in stitches

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

:fistbump:

1 person likes this.
  9. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

That A1923 blazer looks really nice. But yes, 4 of them is excessive you should sell one to me. :devil:

10. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

not religious cross. I remember reading previously that in the early days when Maurizio launched the label, he would sign his initial and just added a cross next to it. and it stuck since.

11. in stitches

post of the day!

12. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

Abraxois if you ever want to sell one you're the same size as me and my cotton one feels lonely.

13. in stitches

not a boot question, but thought this might be a good place to ask.

i was tooling around looking at MA boots and came across some really cool MA wool pants on PNP, but no price listed. what should i expect the price to be for them?

14. t3hg0suazn

t3hg0suazn Senior member

1.5-2k
    sartorialoft has some prices

15. in stitches

oh my ! thats another panta suit right there.

also, MA quality, commensurate with top shelf MC footwear in leather quality and construction?

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yea stitchy, at the price level ccp/a1923/ma+ charge you will get top quality. Besides a different aesthetic you also get the small batch artesian items which are mostly designed by the actual designer. Versus what you get with some of the large fashion houses where you don't always know who designs what most of the aforementioned designers are involved in the work. I doubt they actually work on the clothing or boots although I have read a1923 may actually work on the boots but I would venture to guess he doesn't do this now given the level of the brand and production amounts now.

1 person likes this.
  17. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

got yourself a special lady there D. my wife thinks that I buy my Augusta footwear from used clothing store. :embar:

18. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Depends on your definition of quality... for durability though my answer would be no.

For all these brands... construction is a toss up as well as durability. Fabric quality is great, but even high quality fabric isn't guaranteed to be particularly durable. Also these things are designed to wear/fall apart at times.

Fundamentally I do not expect my non-leather pieces to last as long as I would a pair of guidi/ccp/a1923/m.a.+ footwear and that's why I say no.

I got a1923 pants and the day I wore them they split from crotch to ass-waistband. Not a slim cut and properly sized. The problem was the density/stiffness of the fabric and the cheap thread/sew-job. Was a 20 dollar fix since the seam basically popped and just had to be redone. I'm told this is a pretty common expectation for a1923 clothes.

CCP leather I've had hardware break as have other people. The object dye process can be pretty hard on metal.

m.a.+ the lining was barely attached to my biker jacket and I'm pretty sure it'll just come off completely while I'm removing the jacket one of these days.

The partial lining on my luc pants came off when I removed the pants after my first wear. Heard of a lot of problems with viridianne and devoa pieces as well with regards to durability :/ Buttons that easily fall off, quick-piling and weak seams, etc.

None of this perhaps translates into a quality discussion for you, but for me they are quality issues ;p

Last edited: May 7, 2014
  19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

That good man, means she doesn't know how much they cost and you are in the clear

1 person likes this.
  20. jordache jeans

jordache jeans Senior member

IMO if you're judging by the same criteria as you would for brands like EG or Vass, then no. Most of it's bc these brands aren't going for that type of finishing on their shoes/boots. The only issue I have, at least w/ A1923 and Guidis is that the soles wear out considerably faster than most high end dress shoes. I put topy/vibram on like most ppl here but mainly out of necessity, which seems unfortunate for $1500+ boots.