1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

I will say this... those Augs are very nice. Congrats.

For those that know how weird my feet react to footwear that should seemingly fit but inexplicably does not, the CCP are amazing for the fact they they are super comfortable. Really, really comfortable... I remember when I was at The Archive in SF, one of the guys working there was wearing CCP and he told me that given my wide feet CCP is not for me. I don't blame him one bit - his pair looked pretty narrow. But mine is just awesome fitting, just enough room to "play the piano" with my toes, but still have a nice, solid feeling while walking.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

are those from vertice?
    maybe he doesn't know enough about ccp to advise hence they don't sell ccp

3. eton97

eton97 Senior member

They are from Vertice. These are sz43 and fit tts. The white/bone single zip come up 1 size large (sz42 worked perfectly for me). They bought 2x sz43 in the black double zip...so 1 pair left in that size......

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Yea i remember seeing the pics in the preview and really liking them, glad to hear they are smooth and not reversed!

5. bdude

bdude Senior member

Congrats buddy! Would love fitted pics once broken in!

6. eton97

eton97 Senior member

7. smashwindow

smashwindow Senior member

The boots are gorgeous Eton, I just received my first CCPs and I think that for us with wide feet the best way to roll is to size TTS in UK sizing and make sure you get the padded insoles.

Does anyone know how to size Augusta sneakers? I've seen some on eBay but the guy claims a 44 would fit a 12.5 US. I'm looking for the all black ones with two straps if any has seen them?

8. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Do both zips need to be undone to put them on/off?

9. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Yes. Both need to be undone.

10. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Thank you re boots!

Can comment specifically on the double strap sneakers, but my double zips, 6 hole workboot and my sneakers are all sz43 and are all absolutely perfect for a uk sz9

11. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

If I'm going to get my first pair of this type of distressed, handmade shoe would it be best to get something a little cheaper used on eBay (Marsell) or pony up and get some Guidi or Carpe Diems?

Not sure what to look for and what makes them more desirable. Thanks for your help.

12. NaTionS

NaTionS Senior member

Seems like a hassle to have to do two zippers every time, although it's still better than laceups. Leather and shape look great though. If / when I give up on trying to find Cdiems in my size I'll probably go for a pair of A1923.

Can't get behind how pointy the toes are on CCPs.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

^ Alex, It would help if you narrow down(zip boots/lace ups/derby etc) what you are looking for instead of generally stating that you are in the hunt for a 'distressed/handmade pair'.

14. AlexanderTG

Looking at a pair of derbies. I'm just now learning of these brands and I really like what I see. I had recently posted a link to a pair of Marsells that are up on eBay but I don't know if that's frowned upon. They're not up for >$700 but I think they were when they were new. Someday I'd like to get some of the zip boots like the Augustas or MA+ but I need to save some dough for that. Thanks.

15. AlexanderTG

My apologies for the vague question. Is there a agreed upon name for this type of shoe/boot that are worn in when new, hand made with a hefty price tag?

16. futuresailors

futuresailors Senior member

"Artisanal"

2 people like this.
  17. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Doing 1 zip up takes 1-2 seconds.
    Doing 2 zips up takes 2-4 seconds.
    Given neither are full length zips, I'm guessing 3 seconds in total to do up both.
    That's after the 20 mins it takes to get your foot inside the boot ;-)
    They are stiff as hell when new....will take a couple of weeks wear until they properly loosen up.

18. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

/\ Having the double zipper also helps if you want more space when tucking into the boots. Keep one partly or wholly undone for best effect!

Be warned, it's a slippery slope!

1 person likes this.
  19. AlexanderTG

^^Indeed, I'm seeing that's a possibility. I just received a pair of Julius x Siva spiral zips that are lovely. So I've started down the path.

I guess that's why I was asking about the difference between the brands. I noticed that Marsell is on Yoox and several other retailers while brands like Carpe Diem and Guidi are a bit harder to find. They all seem to have a similar aesthetic and I think that will work well with what I'm aiming for.

Amazing to see those pictures of the double zip boots that eton97 just got. Now I have a new house to look into (CCP). Well, sorry to ask so many questions without having much to contribute. Just trying to make an informed purchase. I think I'll take my chances on that pair of Marsells and see if they work for me.

20. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Marsells tend to run a bit large - FYI.