1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Vertice: Vertice London Ltd is happy to refund or exchange any articles purchased by proxy via the verticelondon.com website within 14 days of our dispatch date

Yoox: the returned items must be shipped back to YOOX within seven (7) working days of the date the package was delivered to you

There you have it, ordinary words of plain english. Dont rage if you dint read the T&C properly. Vertice's T&C might seem unfair or harsh to most consumers, but if you think it is then dont buy from them.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2014
  2. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Yes I always add vibram to any shoe or trainer

They may look soft, but they are stiff and pretty heavy pieces. Still....pretty comfy :)

Took me a long time to find the perfect iteration if this sneaker with black leather and black sole. Very happy indeed. My last pair lasted a good 4-5yrs. Black with white sole in horse. Not sure what I'm going to do with them :)

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  3. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Another boot that's in my constant line up. Thick stiff 6 hole Augusta work boot in horse. I put in a spare pair of Augusta sneaker laces I had lying around for a bit if a change.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

I bought some boots from Vertice last year during the final sales, in which no returns are allowed, but the size 41 I got fit more like a 43 and couldn't make it work with an insole. I told them and they let me exchange them for a different model (size 40 was sold out).

So no complaints from me.

5. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

This isn't plain english. Do they require that you send it back within 14 days of dispatch date? That they receive it within 14 days? That you notify them? This is anything BUT plain english. As it reads, or at least as you've copied it, it says that they will refund of exchange anything purchased within 2 weeks of their dispatching. i.e. anything that's shipped within 2 weeks of purchase can be refunded. So no, the site isn't clear.

6. bdude

bdude Senior member

Cheers buddy, qualify wise how do yours compare to the CCP drips?

7. eton97

eton97 Senior member

I've owned dipped and obviously Augusta sneaks, so I can comment.
    It's a hard one on many different levels. Firstly when I wear sneakers I wanna 'wear sneakers' and be a bit 'dress down'. The CCP dripped are just too 'statement' for me. Too bling if that makes sense.
    Regarding quality, I've had quality issues with both so it would be unfair to single one out. But my biggest single issue with the dipped is the fact that the sole does disintegrate as you wear them. The latex dip also looses it's colour and starts to peel away over time. You find that just about every pair that is up for sale is from somebody who has worn them down a certain amount and then wants to flip before the real damage/wear/depreciation is done.
    I did it with mine, and it seems to be the norm.
    The Augusta on the other hand can be vibramed easily and will last for years.
    So in my opinion, the Augusta are a better investment if you want to wear them and own them for years. If you want to own a pair fur 3-6months and then sell and lose less money, probably the CCP wins.
    But more and more I'm trying to buy with longevity in mind rather than resale value.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2014
  8. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

i think you're intelligent enough to realise that if the courier stuffs up and you received the item very late, then the 14 days "grace period" could expire even before you receive the item. the policy is (may be) clear, but that doesn't make it a fair policy.

9. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

This is what is known in the UK as the 'postal rule' (or at least a variant of it). Sometimes the courier fks up-but this is neither due to the fault of the sender or receiver. Clearly either party has to bear the risk of this happening. Usually most big retailers will be the one to bear this, but smaller retailers tend to pass this risk on to the consumer.

There is nothing inherently wrong with such a rule, provided it it stated within the terms of the contract. If you are unhappy that you have the bear the risk of the courier screwing things up instead of the retailer, then the solution is simple-dont buy from said retailer. It's downright unfair to blame the retailer when they stipulated this quite clearly in their T&Cs, which I am reasonably sure 99% of people don't actually read, or dont follow up to check if they have doubts simply because they assume retailers will always bear the risk of courier delays (most do, but some dont)

10. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Just as a side note, I popped into Vertice earlier today to try those flat soled Guidi's on and all the staff were very nice.

Unfortunately, the shoes didn't fit :(

11. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i read that about the drips as well. fyi i really like your a1923 sneakers, probably one of the best i've seen.

:deadhorse:

12. iamacyborg

iamacyborg Senior member

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
    6 people like this.
  13. bdude

bdude Senior member

Thanks Eton, awesome info and very informative! Will be scanning hi and low for the augustas!

14. AlexanderTG

AlexanderTG Senior member

Can anyone speak to how Marsell shoes like these on eBay run?

I'm a 9.5 in most sneakers/shoes and have wide feet. They're a size 41 and I'm not sure if they'll be really small.

Thanks.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

16. eton97

eton97 Senior member

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  17. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

18. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Much much nicer than I expected......heavy, stiff as hell, and gnarled up, but I can see that the leather is treated, and once its starts to be worn, the natural shine of the cordovan is evident and will come through...although they look it, they are not reversed.....its just the treatment that gives them that incredibly matt/dry finish...

The final part of my Augusta footwear journey (for now :).....buffalo sneaker, 6 hole horse workboot and now the perfect cordovan double zip.....these will age beautifully...even the wife loves them, and that's saying a lot.......:)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14 people like this.
  19. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Nice pair eton97. Leather looks very thick and appears 'heavy'. Between these and Moo's CCP in Bison., i will take the CCP. Dammit Moo..those boots of yours.

20. eton97

eton97 Senior member

Thank you.

I owned CCP tornadoes for many years. A great great boot, but I just needed a change from the pointy toe....