1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

The pattern is exactly the same as Zam's DNA pants down to the measurements. That's my issue with it.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2014
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea the joke would of been funny if i hadn't seen so many posters forget to post pics and other things.

i am trying to get those second narrow jeans... but i missed the kick starter

yea thats a bit of my problem as well, my RO work much better than the ZB i had. ZB cannot be worn with many things for me so i would like to go with something else.

Truth is i really like IE/CCP a lot but i also think 200-300 for a nice pair of jeans is enough. Just look at most of the awesome Japanese raw denim brands, they top out at around 300 and quality is amazing. True i won't find many options for J-jeans in that price range , maybe thats what i need to move away from due to J's not being as versatile...

i like this type of look:
    [​IMG]

3. kloss

kloss Senior member

So I got my Augustas back from the cobbler and he conditioned them because I only told him not to polish them, just put Topy on... they were the cuir bouilli (?) hardened leather and now they feel soft and flimsy. He conditioned them because "they looked so dry"

What should I do now? The leather has softened and they are shiny instead of matte. How can I make them harder and matte again?
    He said he only used conditioner but it is a bit shiny...

4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

IME,

A1923: Footwear > Clothing
    CCP: Clothing > Footwear

1 person likes this.
  5. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^^ same feelings

6. wormwood

wormwood Senior member

CCP from 2009: hype > clothing > footwear
    no?

1 person likes this.
  7. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^ Mmm nooo the CCP scarstitched i have is the tits!

8. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

from my experience CCP footwear is on par with a1923

9. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

sinnedk re: jeans, what waist size are you?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

ugh dude i fall in between sizes depending on the cut, usually 32 or a 33

11. Lokesh

Lokesh Senior member

I have a similar question about these J jeans as well (sinnedk, sorry to pile on to your initial question). I have a pair of Zam DNAs that work perfect for me only because they are much slimmer than the standard DNAs. The regular ones (when sized to my waist) are too big on my stick legs and skinny thighs. I need pants that measure about 16.25 - 16.5 at the waist, around 10ish at the thigh and a hem of around 6.5. The few KKA Js I've seen have much bigger hems. Are there any KKA Js that fit slim like this?

12. brad-t

brad-t Senior member

Hmm OK. Kazuyuki Kumagai does indeed do some but probably not aggressive enough for what you're looking for ...

[​IMG]

And they are really cheap – ¥15,750.

Kiryuyrik does a lot of curved jeans as well. e.g. http://ks-clothing.com/SHOP/KL-HP19N-007-1.html

13. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

sinnedk, Does it have to be denim? Here's what I'd recommend anyway.

If you want stacks then go for Devoa or KKA imo. You'll probably have to buy new if you're anything bigger than a small unfortunately. You're looking at $400-600 at Japanese retail.

If you like the slim and straight IE/CCP look then pay the extra and get IE.I think Holger may even have a pair in the selvage denim in your size.

Most definitely. I can't speak for the newer seasons; the old ones in the J/banana shape were super slim.

2 people like this.
  14. bdude

bdude Senior member

^^On same subject: wich j jeans from Zam are the slimmest - the DNAs or munimalist j-jeans?!

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@brad-t the KK are not bad at all, the Kiryuyrik are way more aggressive and cool. I guess i am a bit undecided at the moment. You are right KK is not aggressive enough for me.

i do like the second narrow's a lot (see spoiler) because they are not too aggressive but still have the J quality to them.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

@fistinyoface well i associate non-denim pants with more formal attire such as a suit, i guess i would be open to non-denim if it was thick fabric and moved me... I decided to email holger and ask him what he has in stock but i do prefer to keep the cost to sub $250

anyone interested in creating a thread on J-jeans, kinda like a baller boot thread but about jeans, if i start one will folks participate?

16. MickeyPunch

MickeyPunch Senior member

As others pointed out, it was meant to be a joke, a bad one. :)

Quote:
    After my post I was reading the A1923 thread at SZ and it seems that the general consensous is that Simone sees what he likes from other brands and he comes up with his vision of the items and generally it's a better version.

And I definitely love A1923 boots, if I were to spend that kind of money on footwear it would be on a pair of A1923 or maybe some second hand CD. But it's just that the price is so high. And not only in footwear, $2,000 pants? $1,000 for a pretty plain black shirt?

But fair enough, he can set the price he wants for his items, and it seems that he's selling them, so...

I'm happy with my ZB minimalist DNA pants, and they have a pretty good price tag when on sale. They are more comfortable than the jeans and for some reason I never liked black jeans. They are quite slim, too, see:

http://www.layerslondon.com/clothing/menswear/bottoms/trousers/minimalist_dna_trousers.html

Last edited: Jan 10, 2014
  17. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I don't think it's so much a better version as it is his version. A slight twist on his favourite works.

Handmade shoes and boots at $2k is somewhat digestible; the same price for pants is not. For the same amount I can buy two pairs of pants from Label Under Construction, four from Devoa, Individual Sentiments, or IE, etc. Hell, even CCP is cheaper. Same goes for the jackets to a slightly lower ratio. Is their construction worse? Are their fabrics lacking? Hardly.

Simone can set them at whatever he likes. People are buying them. I can't help thinking it's the exclusivity plus price point that's the biggest draw, rather than the workmanship or quality of materials.

18. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

CCP was previously made by premiata, which is alright, I guess, to the average guy on the street, but absolute crap for the prices you were paying.
    Now, i'm not sure, but his footwear is still uncomfortable as all hell. I tried them on, even the latex sneakers, and paying 2.5k to walk in pain wearing slightly cool shoes...no thanks.

So in that respect, a1923 is an improvement, although the leather can be stiff depending on cut, type and construction. Can you get better for your money? Of course.

From what I've seen, nothing still beats cdiem in terms of value for money, style, and good quality. Maybe wjk on sale can be strongly considered as a practical alternative (also, they're like 98% similar).

In terms of quality, some mmoria styles are unquestionably the best (but $$$$$), then comes recent IS and ma+ which I am almost certain use the same factory (someone want to confirm this? I base my claim on the astonishing similarity of the sole and construction). Layer-0 I think is also very good, but no personal experience.

Also, guidi is crap for construction. Yeah, their leather is excellent, but that's because they're a tannery. Not a bootmaker.

19. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Ha ha!

I was not comparing the two.

IME, A1923 is also uncomfortable to begin with, but gets much better with wear. And they have gotten better with every collection. The AW13 pieces have a different looking sole too; has more of a 'texture'.

Interested why you think Guidi's construction is bad; what specifically have you noticed?

And yes, Layer-0 is great!