• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

tellure

Reaction score
Bought these Augusta Linen-over-leather side-zips on Rakuten. Love the material; they're in very good condition; the silhouette is great, and awesome Augusta construction. Only thing I can't quite get with is the CCP-esque toe shape. Ah, first-world problems..

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
another shipment of IS boots have arrived at Hide-M, a friend of mine picked them up and sent me some pics. 3rd photo is his current collection.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

I don't, can you explain? (0)

A couple of members have mentioned how the calf is really, really stretchy, and the leather on my pair seems to be really stretchy too - but I'm a bit more worried after spending two hours in them yesterday. We'll have to see.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
syn-

What size did you end getting and what size are you? A US10?

TWorksheets

Reaction score

syn-

What size did you end getting and what size are you? A US10?

Also curious. After speaking with multiple retailers and trying a few pairs on I'm realizing that even the +1/+2 sizing advice is arbitrary. I'm a size 42 and I've tried on 43s that are too tight, 43s that are just right and 44s that are too big.

I think ultimately I will go with a 43.5.

Does anyone have any photos of Guidis made from the 'cordovan cont' that aren't the hiking book? Is cordovan cont the same as reverse cordovan?

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ if i'm not mistaken, cordovan contrario and reverse cordovan are just reverse horse (not shell). that's what mine are.

Last edited:

TWorksheets

Reaction score

^ yeah cordovan contrario and reverse cordovan are just reverse horse (not shell). that's what mine are.

Those are terrific. I'm thinking about buying a pair of derbies made from the contrario. Is the colour of the stitching pretty true in that photo? What colour is it in less severe, natural light?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ A, you are right- reverse horse butt specifically, if I'm not mistaken.

James B CCP footwear collection-

I got a million ways to get it, choose one....

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Those are terrific. I'm thinking about buying a pair of derbies made from the contrario. Is the colour of the stitching pretty true in that photo? What colour is it in less severe, natural light?

sorry that was an iPhone shot, updated above with better daylight pics^

the stitching is indeed natural/white but it's not so obvious, especially when they get a little dirty.

Last edited:

conceptionist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I suspect this had already been asked, but aren't Guidi outsole's pretty long for the size their supposed to fit?

For example:
I'm a true 44.5 (28.5 cm foot) and since most guys recommend sizing up 1.5 to 2 in Guidi, I'd want a size 46. Now, what confuses me is that my perfectly fitting sneakers measure 12", while Guidi's in size 46 (which people claim is my size) measure 12.5". Aren't the Guidi's gonna be too long or do boots in general have a longer outsole than sneakers?

Thanks

Edit: just saw TW's post above

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Re: cordovan cont. IMO the best leather the Guidi makes boots/shoes with. I'm not 100% sure if it available for the zip boot models, it as was not possible a few years ago.

Last edited:

artishard116

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^it is great. definitely a different beast (ha) than baby calf and the like. much thicker/more substantial but still soft and pliable.

Reaction score
Re: cordovan cont. IMO the best leather the Guidi makes boots/shoes with. I'm not 100% sure if it available for the zip boot models, it as was possible a few years ago.

I am quite sure Cordovan is available for lace-up´s only. I remember the cordovan cont was super amazing and sold out in my local store, but a big re-order is coming soon ...

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads