1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Damn, my Guidi after break-in were pretty comfortable, recently got it topied and was much more comfortable.

Hows MA+ when it comes to comfort? Might just get those instead of Augusta.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

this is true

when i tried on ma+ back zip in bison i found them more comfy than a1923, less rugged and softer leather

3. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

m.a+ is super comfortable ; I've sized down and gone TTS- for me TTS with an thicker insole (spenco comfort rx) works best.

Last 2 seasons for A1923 have been the best fitting IMO.

1 person likes this.
  4. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Great question about m.a.+ (They look comfy), I'd love to know about layer 0 too. Yeah carpe and attachment just feel so awesome on the feet like it was made to conform to mine anyways. Feels like I have no problem standing and walking around them in all day, though hours 10+ at a festival or after mile 10 walking around all day in SF... everything hurts even carpe :(

Julius sneaker boots are comfy too, but I don't know if those count since they are well sneaker soled.

RE: wool/ramie.. fuck yes Eckblk :) Looking forward... my cotton blazer is starting to break in and soften up :( Tragedy incarnate imo. I love my stiff armor-like fabrics.

Very curious to see how the virgin wool english tweed vs this so-called washed wool twill pans out for our other August AW13 blazers. I still feel like they MUST be the same fabric, but... we'll see.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Layer-0 is not comfy at first, they are really stiff and require some break in (i tried on a pair of lace up boots and the back zips). i can only assume after some wear they will be better

6. kejan

kejan Member

I find MA+ to be comfortable right away, and even after years of use they hold up well. Depending on the leather used, Augusta/A1923's can be far more difficult to break in. I have a pair of derbies made of horse that are still slightly uncomfortable after more than a year of owning them. Guidi's are usually fine right out of the box, as long as you get the right size.

7. bdude

bdude Senior member

MA+ comphort! A1923 reverse calf ankle - also super comphy! Layer-0 that i have tried (lace ups snd backips) seem to be comphy as well... Dont know bout ccp

8. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Protip: Different models by different brands have different levels of comfort and fit.

Even with Augusta sneakers I've had wildly varying fits between different leathers.

9. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

10. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Yeah good luck getting those on your feet in a timely manner

For anyone that regularly wears boots like that, please share your secret to getting in your foot.. I can't do it even with a giant shoe horn

11. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

12. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

Anyone willing to proxy in nyc? Pm me please

13. tellure

tellure Senior member

Nice haul! Would love to see a fit pic of that llama jacket.

14. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

just arrived

[​IMG]

18 people like this.
  15. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

16. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

17. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Atelier just responded to me they told me these MA+ are still available in sizes 41-45 at $1050, what you think my other option was ordering some Guidi 698.

[​IMG]

18. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i think they should lower their prices as they are closing. offer 750

19. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

My guess like many stores they'll start out at a certain discount than keep reducing except blackbird they're closing sales sucked. You think offering them $750 would work?

20. MS007

MS007 Senior member

Do guidi derbies fit smaller than their ankle boots?