• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Synthese

Darth Millennial
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Those M.A. + are unreal, absolutely beautiful boots. I love the toebox.

bows1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
like everyone else I'm jealous of eckblk's shoe collection. Do you ever wear clothes with these? I've never seen you post about clothing. are you just draped in leather at all times?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
LOL- I'm never draped in all leather. I actually only own one leather; the CCP scar stitch. The gloved Kangaroo leather got cancelled a couple of months ago by CCP; there is no Kangaroo left anymore : (. I'm usually in boots, jeans and a tee if I'm out running around or working. To be completely honest, I lived in my old Rag & Bone RB6's and v neck tee this past summer. The the weather in South Texas this past summer was ridiculous.

I did pick up a couple of LUC sweaters for A/W last week- that stuff is sick :slayer:. I was going to post pics but they just look like a stack of sweaters in the pic I took.

Last edited:

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wait til MA+ soles fall apart. make rick sneakers look stable

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

wait til MA+ soles fall apart. make rick sneakers look stable

Is that a comment on the lack of goodyear welting? It is sad business, but I bet they have better durability than you imply though :)

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think Amadei purposely avoids a Goodyear welt- his designs are meant to minimalistic and clean. I have not heard of any problems with MA+'s construction and I've read the entire SZ thread & contacted several owners of MA+ footwear. I did briefly own a pair of ankle boots with the single sole (summer sole) and I will admit the sole felt thin. My back zips were ordered with the double sole. I believe this adds two pieces of leather to the sole and heel. With that being said, I'm more worried about if they are going to fit :fu:

single sole:

atelier_shoes_2_9_11_11854.jpg

double sole:

IMG_6755-1.jpg

new sole for A/W 11

ScreenShot2011-09-26at52403PM.png

Last edited:

Sir J

Reaction score
this thread makes me want some baller boots, although I doubt my budget would allow that.

Last edited:

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

My special order from S/S MA+ just arrived at Atelier.... I hope they fit, I'll know Tuesday.

sick

I think Amadei purposely avoids a Goodyear welt- his designs are meant to minimalistic and clean. I have not heard of any problems with MA+'s construction and I've read the entire SZ thread & contacted several owners of MA+ footwear.

I have 2 pairs of m.a+ boots and they are giving me no trouble.

There are valid reasons not to use a Goodyear welt.

chomeo

Reaction score

how do you guys usually care for your guidi boots ( cordovan ones ) Do you just wipe them occasionally or do you use leather conditioner / venetian cream on it like cordovan dress shoes

i don't. and hoping that they will look like this after 4 years of wearing the heck out of them.

*pic taken from a japanese webstore that sells guidi.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Delete me

Last edited:

mikedepr

Reaction score

I think Amadei purposely avoids a Goodyear welt- his designs are meant to minimalistic and clean. I have not heard of any problems with MA+'s construction and I've read the entire SZ thread & contacted several owners of MA+ footwear. I did briefly own a pair of ankle boots with the single sole (summer sole) and I will admit the sole felt thin. My back zips were ordered with the double sole. I believe this adds two pieces of leather to the sole and heel. With that being said, I'm more worried about if they are going to fit :fu:
single sole:
atelier_shoes_2_9_11_11854.jpg

double sole:
IMG_6755-1.jpg

new sole for A/W 11
ScreenShot2011-09-26at52403PM.png

is it possible to find these anywhere? how much are they? beautiful boots! :drool:

Abraxis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sure many places.. between 1-3k closer to 1.5k - 2k in general. eckblk orders through Atelier generally.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A little bird told me INK's prices for MA+ footwear is super low. I went though A for my special order.

*A's version of the diagonal stitch shoe is made of polished Horween shell cordovan and received a thicker sole as well- 7 pair made- 3k usd

MA-SIDE-LACE-PORTRAIT-TWO2.jpg

MA-SIDE-LACE-DETAIL2.jpg

MAJP-1.jpg

MAJP2.jpg

MAJP.jpg

MAsandal.jpg

bentobox250

Reaction score
Is there something I should be doing to care for reverse leather boots? I've got a pair of julius backzip engineers in reverse steer. They may be seeing some rain at times so I'm curious as to whether I should protect them somehow.

hurhur

Reaction score

A little bird told me INK's prices for MA+ footwear is super low. I went though A for my special order.
*A's version of the diagonal stitch shoe is made of polished Horween shell cordovan and received a thicker sole as well- 7 pair made- 3k usd
MA-SIDE-LACE-PORTRAIT-TWO2.jpg

the diagonal stitch shoes are at the top of my grail list man. the construction and shape of those just look fantastic. wouldn't mind dropping 3K on them if I had the dough.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads