1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. jet

jet Senior member

damn son

1 person likes this.
  2. bawlin

bawlin Senior member

It's a zipper on the back. He was with his girlfriend and I didn't want to bother them. Either way, I'm just looking for a nubuck boot that has a similar silhouette to the W+H x Dayton (which IMO is one of the nicest boots I've ever seen).

3. Ariiam

Ariiam Senior member

Guidi - Back, or side zips?

4. fungz0r

fungz0r Senior member

backzips

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Guidi dudes - can anyone help me find a Guidi GB1A bag in soft horse full grain black color under $1000?

6. nahneun

nahneun Senior member

why the gb1a over the gb2?

7. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

I want a day-use bag, not an overnight bag
    Just something to throw a camera, glasses, paper notebook, tablet, wallet, keys, water bottle, etc. in

I have a JAS MB medium traveller that is roughly the same size as as GB2-3 that I use for weekend trips, but it's too big to carry around daily

[​IMG]

8. 1974

1974 Well-Known Member

yes, my girlfriend is wearing the GB2A and it is too big for every day. take GB1A.

9. superego

superego Senior member

bought a pair of boots off yoox and they're a little big (got 11, would have liked a 10.5 but only had a 10)...any way to reduce the amount of shifting while walking in an effort to keep these?

10. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

11. superego

superego Senior member

an insole will do it? never used an insole for that purpose, so hadn't considered it

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

what did you get?

13. superego

superego Senior member

impulse buy, still have my eye out for black lace ups:

[​IMG]

14. max-t

max-t Senior member

anyone know of any nice black/grey derbies around anywhere? need a 6 or 7 in like ccp size (that's all i've had so that's all i know)

15. djt00

djt00 Senior member

Insole is the first thing you should try. If the boots aren't way too big, insoles should help.

Tacco luxus leather insoles are pretty good http://www.tacco.de/index.php?shop&ID=1&art=613

16. superego

superego Senior member

nvm

Last edited: Oct 7, 2013
  17. 1974

1974 Well-Known Member

from what i know hide-m ordered a very nice washed-black derbie from individual sentiments for 14SS

18. mandrup

mandrup Well-Known Member

So I finally pulled the trigger on a pair of Avantindietro Field W2 (ankle) boots. However after a few days of wear I really think it lacks support in the ankle area. Especially on the inside. Probably because it only has two eye-lets on the inside compared to three on the outside. Anyway. Has anyone else pondered about this and made extra holes for the laces? Seems like the right thing to do imo. Boots are nice, though I still need to find a proper way to tie around the laces without them going up from time to time...eh?

19. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

I've got the same boots. You're right about the support. Well, maybe it depends on the leather. Mine are lamb; pliant and soft. Not for running in that's for sure. As for the laces, how do you mean they go up? Ocassionaly they'll come loose if I haven't wrapped them right and I'll leave a thin leather tail in my wake. You aren't wrapping them around the shaft of the boot are you?

This is how mine look when laced:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  20. mandrup

mandrup Well-Known Member

Mine are deerskin - also quite soft I would say. I wrap them as shown in the picture.