The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. bdude

bdude Senior member

Thanks, Did you go 2 sizes up? I was going to order the regular 988 backzips not the 988s BTW.

2. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

/\ Read my original post.

3. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

698 > 988 In my book; I have too many backzips already.

4. bdude

bdude Senior member

i got no bckzips yet, would you say the 698 are more comfy then the 988? thx

Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
  5. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

the other night i was wearing my black a1923 backzips on a date that ended up with fooling around on the beach.

the leather must have absorbed the sand or something because the color has turned to a sort of rust which I think actually looks really cool and unique. in the sun it really shows.

[​IMG]

6. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Eh... I'm not sure id like it if that happened to me. Are you gna try to polish it and rub it off somehow or just leave it? Looks like a strange black -> brown -> green gradient to me that doesn't mix well.

7. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

I thought about getting them cleaned over the weekend, but I kind of like the contrast I get from them. I normally wear all black so having some wear on the boots gives it a different edge that I'm not opposed to. They're pretty aggressive and edgy boots so keeping them polished and clean don't really appeal to me. My original intention for the boots were to wear em daily and sort of see what kind of characteristics I can get from them or turn them into after a year of use.. sort of like raw denim.

8. jet

jet Persian Bro

I'm more concerned with why the fuck that happened.

9. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

i dunno.. santa monica beach is filled with some pretty fucked up stuff

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i think thats the black fading a bit into the original color, the top is still black because its not as exposed and covered by the jean, who knows, either way maybe dust your boots off a little and see what happens

11. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

never thought about that. that concept is kind of cool i think. sort of like the linen over leather boots. I've tried taking them to some leather cleaners in l.a. but most people don't know much about these boots and i dont want them to fuck them up with some polish.. you guys have any good leads by chance? preferably near studio city / west hollywood.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

only thing to do is "saphir" renovator cream and then brush, dont use shoe polish.

my theory is that the boots are vegetable tanned and this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown (can be dyed only with dark colors), if thats the case then its the brown coming out or maybe they are damp from the beach

13. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

Awesome, ill grab that. Definitely Damp sand and its been raining so im sure that hasn't helped the cause. but whatever, i love these boots.

14. eton97

eton97 Senior member

I agree with the above. I wouldn't worry about it at all. This happens often with a lot or guidi and CCP 'black'. Most of the 'black' guidi leather (certainly on the bags) is never truly black, and I would argue turns to a very dark brown with wear, and same goes for CCP object dyed leather....not to the extent of the above pic, but most people don't wear Augusta on the beach (which is a killer for leather footwear.....(salt is a no go)
    Saphir will sort it out. If you want to rejuvenate the colour, I always use a cloth that's dirty with old black polish and use that to apply the saphir. The black polish left on the cloth helps subtly add black into the mix

15. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

That makes sense about the salt eating through the color dye. Again, in the context of deteriorating/etc, i dont mind it, i kind of like it, but i think ill add some saphir to it to bring the color back a bit. everyone comments on the boots as gorgeous and sophisticated and i always viewed them as aggressive and bad ass so maybe ill just clean them up.

on another note, this is probably a bigger deal but..

[​IMG]

the sole seems to be splitting. i guess a cobbler could fix it eventually if needed. sorry for the lack of boot knowledge.. these are the first pair of boots ive ever had lol.