1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. bdude

bdude Senior member

Have been rockin a chelsea boot from officine creative for a year or more and has been rock solid

Last edited: Aug 31, 2013
  2. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Senior member

Plokhov

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not sure if keeping, although they are extremely comfortable...

7 people like this.
  3. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial Dubiously Honored Moderator

Don't suppose you'd take a pic of them worn?

4. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

5. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

Does the Shaft height in say a 995 get taller as the size increases?

6. kloss

kloss Senior member

unlikely. 997 is the same as 995 but with a taller shaft. if its too tall, you have have a cobbler reduce the height.

7. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

you positive? I am asking because I handled a 995 in different sizes and the shaft height on the bigger size is slightly bigger but that might be cause of the slight individual variations so I neede to confirm if the shaft does increase relative to the size

8. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

in case some are curious about the Guidi 995 toe box when worn

[​IMG]

7 people like this.
  9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I really like the 995 on horse or cordovan. i'm a US 8 Eu 41 i should order 42 right? Really thanks for all the guidi info. You guys awesome. :slayer:

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I am usually a 41-42 and sized up to 43. Worked out fine. 995 a bit slimmer when worn on my feet than the 988 back zip

1 person likes this.
  11. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

can anyone compare guidi 995 in donkey and horse full grain? The donkey looks so sick.

[​IMG]

12. spacepope

spacepope Senior member

Horse full grain is really nice and pretty non-distressed compared to donkey. Breaks in really well. Really like my pair.

13. filcol

filcol Senior member

Would you guys prefer horse or cordovan? Price difference is 100€ (~132$).

14. 1974

1974 Well-Known Member

i love my cordovan cont.
    prefer cordovan, but both are very similar i think.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

in this case you are choosing horse cordovan VS horse. Shell cordovan is made from the fiborous muscle of a horses rump (aka ass) and will be very tough (good for a lot of wear, will take a beating). Horse will be a little less tough than shell but will also take quiet a beating too. Horse leather is tough in general. Given the option i would always side with shell cordovan because I have seen what it can do and it ages very well. (note: cordovan does not breath as well nor stretch as well as other leathers)

I think for MC shoes/boots cordovan makes a lot more sense then other leathers because it ages very well. Shell mc shoes after a lot of wear look a lot better than other leathers with same amount of wear in my opinion. Not saying that if you dont take care of your calf shoes they wont look good.

For sw&d brands, in this case guidi, the boots come a bit wrinkled and dont have the same shape/construction as MC shoes. The idea is that the boots will mold to your feet and assume some cool shape but do not need to retain the fresh out the box new shoe luster that mc shoes need. Guidi should be worn hard everyday whereas MC is office/formal events.

If $132 is not an issue go for the cordovan but both choices are good and you wont go wrong.

Gosh you guys are selling me on guidi, maybe i'll pick up a pair in Italy. Hoping to visit PN/P in florence.

16. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

cordovan cont is just 'rough out' cordovan yes? or is that reverse cordovan is there a difference?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2013
  17. brokeassp

brokeassp Senior member

When you guys had the cobbler add a heel, did they remove some layers to account for the thickness of the rubber heel? What about the nails in the heel itself?

18. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

Regarding of the Cordovan leather.

Quoting a guy from SZ. Bascially it's saying it's cordovan but not the shell.

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

You can ask the cobbler to shave down the heel. I didn't do it. I recommend for you to just get a thinner rubber sole for the heel. Topy is normally thinner than vibrim althought they have thick options as well.

20. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

Thanks andrewgreg that's what i thought

for my topy they shaved a little off the sole when I got the topy. They were puttimg rubber over what used to be a plain leather sole. they kind of embedded it in the sole. for the heel they just took off the sole and slapped on a new one, nothing taken off. They didn't nail it down and I didn't ask, this was in korea, so was just happy they knew how to replace without fucking up the rest of the boot.