1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

thanks el Bert and sinnedk. I tried the shoe at barneys and imo the construction is pretty solid. Marsell did have some ugly shoes on yoox from time to time. I think the bulbous toe boxes looks OK in person. My last visit to H. Lorenzo the pair of guici lace up boots sold out in my size. I prefer lace up boots more than zip boots. Also found a pair of at Atelier New York. I found the heel looks higher.

[​IMG]

2. zapatiste

zapatiste Senior member

persevering in trans-dimensional subconsciousness

this one so good

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea i referred to the "ugly" mark ups as bulbous toes but sometimes marsell comes with some surprises.

@el bert, the marsell you got from moo were one of the best i've seen.

4. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Yeah I like them a lot I can wear em tucked or untucked with a lot of things, reall nice texture as well.

5. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

+1 I really like that pair as well. Sadly I need to wear marsell size 40 because they running big.

here's another pair from Patron of the New. The toe box looks strange to me.

[​IMG]

6. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Yeah that's one of those ugly pairs lol, you think of maybe buying used pair of something?

7. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I think I will order on farfetch. For the pair of derby Farfetch is about 150 cheaper than barneys plus the price showing on website include import duty.

8. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Oh your looking for derbies?

9. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I actually want to buy both pairs. Will go to barneys to check it out in person this weekend.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

lucky man, barneys SF doesnt stock any marsell or anything interesting in the footwear dept for sw&d

11. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

Barneys SF shoes are a joke, they're sunglass section sucks so bad as well.

12. dmash

dmash Senior member

Andrew do you have use for both right now?

Your money, but I know I've owned derbies before and didn't get that much use out of them. Perhaps start with just a pair of boots and go from there?

or combine funds and get one awesome pair of boots :happy:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
  13. jet

jet Senior member

this is the best marsell boot i've seen so far just wouldn't pay over 500

i can't understand why webshops don't take top view shots of shoes since that's what you see 100% of the time as the wearer, simply baffling

dmash i don't know the limit man but i don't wanna drop 1k i already have carpes

14. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

I think barneys beverly hills carry Marsell Buttero Saint Laurent and Ann D footwear.

I have good use of this pair from Bottega Veneta. Not really an approved brand in this thread however i'm willing to try something more chunkier. I do wear boots often in fall/winter.

[​IMG]

Are you talking about to get a pair of M.A+ or A1923. spend 2k on a pair of boots is too much for me.

15. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

this one on sale now for 500 ish.

16. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

17. jet

jet Senior member

ya but i don't know what the rest of it looks like, toebox is the most important detail and they gave me a back shot of the shoe so i could see what someone is hiding under a staircase watching me walk down would see

i thought you were in NY next to mr porter headquarters?

18. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

:lol:

1 person likes this.
  19. dmash

dmash Senior member

Andrew- Bottega footwear is legit, not talked about much in here, but I can definitely vouch for their quality for the aesthetic they cater to. I really like Bottega moccasins.

I'm not saying drop 2k, I've never ever dropped that and I've owned 10+ pairs of 'baller' footwear. You can be patient and get Augusta/Layer-0/MA+ for around $1k.

My problem with Marsell/Guidi is upon wearing, it's just not the aesthetic I want. They are both nice boots and look great on the internet, but they are much too 'soft' of a look for my aesthetic. The more structured look of Augusta/Layer-0 (I also like the leather treatments on these more) is a much better look for me. Just because you get baller footwear doesn't mean it will flow with the rest of your outfit, it seems a lot of guys think that :embar: (BTW not calling you out whatsoever, just making a general statement).

Those Marsells you posted go with the 'soft' look I'm talking about, make sure that's really what you would want out of a boot. Upon wearing, there's a huge difference between that and something like below (which is even more exaggerated if you tuck jeans sometimes):

[​IMG]

I know I've blown through a chunk of change buying and flipping stuff that just didn't work out for me/me falsely believing it would look good on me, so anything I can do to prevent other guys from doing the same thing I try to do. If you can get a first hand experience with the Marsells and like them, by all means go for it. Just make sure it's actually what you want out of a lace boot though, I know that wouldn't cut it for me style wise.

Also, if you do want to keep it in the under $500 range, there's some other options you could look at besides just Marsell.

1 person likes this.
  20. dotcomzzz

dotcomzzz Senior member

soft toe boots don't make sense to me