1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. shady_2001

shady_2001 Senior member

aside from fitting problems, s23m all the way

i think 90% of people would say this :foo:

2. djt00

djt00 Senior member

[​IMG][​IMG]

Quote:

Last edited: Aug 14, 2013
    3 people like this.
  3. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

Check out IS and don't look back. Get the ankle boots in super vachetta or shiny culatta then thrash them.

edit: You can get IS boots in brown and colours other than black/white/grey; you'd probably need to special order them though.

4. Raw Selvedge

Raw Selvedge Senior member

turkeyschmitt if you're after brown boots you should consider those Guidi & Rosellini up there.

5. dmash

dmash Senior member

That problem is that MAYBE 10% of that 90% actually has any real life experience with all these brands though. People own one pair of Guidi boots and think they're geniuses on the subject of 'baller boots' and 'good leather'. (BTW, not insinuating this is you Shady, just speaking about the forum in general).

6. robkez313

robkez313 Senior member

so i bought guidi 995 cordovan, but one boots upper looks more like bizon. Is it normal for guidi boots to differ so? And they smell funny, like meat.
    [​IMG]?

7. trippr

trippr Well-Known Member

I apologize in advance for the seemingly dumb question. What differentiates the structure of these Guidi boots? Is it just the leather that makes the former more structured or something else entirely?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

[​IMG]

9 people like this.
  9. bows1

bows1 Senior member

For the guy who is 12/45 and looking at Guidi. I am as well and 46's are way too tight. YOu'll most likely need a 47, which is special order only. Thats the reason I've never tried to get a pair :(

10. slstr

slstr Senior member

They are both the same model, but the top is a stiffer leather and looks like it has more wear.

Uzairh those are great. IS?

1 person likes this.
  11. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

12. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Yes!

13. conceptionist

conceptionist Senior member

To add some confusion:
    I'm a 44 or 44.5 (feet measure 28.5 cm) and the 994 and 995's I tried on at Vertice fit me well in a 45. They were a bit tight in width but the length was perfect. The 46's would def be too long after some wear. I believe those were the softer leathers, though so you might want to size up more with the stiffer ones.

14. DividedWay

DividedWay Senior member

Uzairh, are those yours? Gorgeous pants/ boots combo

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

not sure i like the way the boots aged, but definitely like them new :) In case you did not know, GUIDI, the Italian maker of shoes and bags, is also a tannery with a 120 year tenure, called Guidi & Rosellini. Next season the company pays tribute to its heritage by relaunching the Guidi & Rosellini brand of shoes and bags. All products will be made from cowhide leather that will not be shaved before tanning, rendering each hide unique due to its varying thickness. The new, vegetable tanning process that Guidi & Rosellini developed will give the leather a darker hue than usual. The tanned hides will not be subsequently dyed, thus saving water and energy. The oak-bark tanning process also makes the leather both breathable and waterproof. All Guidi & Rosellini footwear will be made using either Goodyear or Norwegian welt. Each pair will be made by hand from start to finish by the few remaining Tuscan artisans who are still familiar with the tradition of hand-cutting uneven hides. With regular care these shoes should last a lifetime; at least that’s the idea behind the line. Really like the intent behind Guidi & Rosellini (taken from http://www.sz-mag.com/news/2013/06/guidi-relaunches-guidi-rosellini/)
    very nice

16. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Not mine (had more than one person ask me that)! :D.

They are from Fascinate's blog.

17. turkeyschmitt

turkeyschmitt Active Member

Oh my god, this is so confusing! I think I'll ask for measurements on some 995s. How much do they stretch?

Also, whats the sizing like on Carpe Diem? Found a brown pair in 45 on sufu.

18. andrewgreg

andrewgreg Senior member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

really dig into those 2 pairs of Marsell. Boots in full grain leather retail at 1k. Should I pay 300 more and get a pair of guidi?

19. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

not necessarily, marsell makes good boots, the brand is valued a bit less because it pops up on yoox at 1/2 price and makes bulbous toe boxes. the above 2 models look like they have a triple sole and can probably last a long time. i discourage paying retail for them but as far as quality goes i dont think you are at a loss against guidi. For me, marsell vs guidi falls into an argument of structured footwear vs unstructured footwear that will mold to your feet.

I'm sure more people can chime in.

20. el Bert

el Bert Senior member

I like my Marsell I got from Moo, structure isn't really close to my Carpe Diem or Layer-0 but the leather is nice and soft yet doesn't have that give to it. But I do like those top ones and I'd say they'd be similar in quality to Guidi.

I don't think the knock on Marsell is that they go on sale but they make a lot of ugly footwear, it's really just that simple and every now and then they put out some good stuff.