1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

It's horse with some sort of simple treatment. It's clean nothing crazy.

Funny you say that about brown hues; I've recently requested a pair of ankle workboots made with a black/brown horse leather that was shown of a pair of derbies. Not unlike Guidi's color 710T but more black and less brown.

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

via Roma Zurich's instagram:

SS14 A1923
    [​IMG]

3. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

:slayer:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

They have the same boot coming out in AW13-14 in black in some stores; for those who don't want to wait....

5. candrew

candrew Senior member

I just want to find out whether there will be a laceup tall boot that I like more in SS14 than this fall's shell cordovan offering. Between A1923's SS14 offerings and IS stepping up their footwear as of late, it's so hard to choose!

Edit: Not to mention the CCP Tornado vs A1923 zip boots decision! [​IMG]

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

that black double zip is very similar to a CCP stitching ive seen on a tornado
    you wont go wrong with either, i think CCP is more consistent where you get exactly what you ordered vs a1923 while really adventurous is a bit all over the place

7. eton97

eton97 Senior member

CCP and consistency CERTAINLY do not go hand in hand.
    And I'm talking from a lot of experience.

8. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

+1. But I feel they have gotten better in the past few years, no?

9. andysrau

andysrau Member

I'm really close to pulling the trigger on a pair of S43Ms, but the sizing has me a bit concerned.
    I know CDiem has a low instep but as my feet are a narrow & flat TTS 41 (26cm-ish insole), I don't think volume is much of an issue.

Another person has a listing for the 7hole versions (I think it's S46) at size 39, whereas the 5hole S43Ms I'm looking to buy are size 41. Problem is, they both have the same exact outsole measurements (29.5cm) even though they're 2 sizes apart. The 7holes are baby calf and I'm not too sure about the 5holes, they might be reverse donkey/horse.

What I want to know is if this sizing variance is an intended difference; ie, are the 7holes supposed to run large, or did one of the sellers fuck up on measurements? Also, should I size down further, or is 1-2ish cm not that big of a problem?

10. ipractice

ipractice Senior member

Hmmmmm not sure how I feel about those.

11. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

S49M is the flat toe box 7 hole, I think the seller messed on the measurements. The size 39 will not work for you if you are sz 41. Go with S43M's or continue to stalk Yahoo jp for size 41's.

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i have heard both sides of that story but my experience has been good so far.

Part of the consistency i was referring to is that the footwear is fairly consistent from season to season even though carol rarely releases new things, i know if i want a zip or tornado i can have it whereas a1923 has different things every season and i wont be able to get some of the things i like. additionally, it is hard to order a mto from them...

13. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

A1923 regular side zip for SS14 possibility

I'm looking into the possibility of having regular side zip made by A1923 for SS14. It will be identical to the dual tornado zip but it will have one simple side zip ( I have also requested dual zippers ). I'm not even sure if this is going to be possible yet but if it were to happen there would be a minimum number needed for production. If you are interested please pm me. We can talk leather and color as well but to keep it simple I've asked for the boot to be identical to the dual zip tornado boot shown in the showroom in color and leather.

14. mer6

mer6 Senior member

I pulled the trigger on them this morning after the emailed me back to confirm they are TTS. They still have 42/43/s left. I'll let you all know in a week or two when they arrive how they are.

Does anyone know their source of leather is on these? Are they Guidi like their red/brown zips?

15. andysrau

andysrau Member

ok this is super weird then, a lot of things don't really match up with the 7hole boot.
    - I asked for measurement pictures and outsole definitely came out to be 29-ish cm. perhaps the size is more relevant to the volume/instep/width rather than length? either way that's some whack sizing
    - Layers London has it (or a rather similar looking pair) listed as an s46
    - This is the seller's picture:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

anyways, thanks for the help with the 5holes.

16. ExAngel

ExAngel Senior member

CCP hasn't even released anything since 2010 I thought, due to him having trouble finding a suitable replacement for his assistant/pattern maker? How is anyone making custom orders?

17. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

pretty sure he hasnt designed anything new but has an atelier working on things, ask the guys at "the office"

18. uzairh

uzairh Senior member