1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. mer6

mer6 Senior member

That's a serious question. I'm going to email in asking if they are TTS. They are exactly what I'm looking for.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  2. kloss

kloss Senior member

http://ateliernewyork.com/designers/guidi/?pid=60557

What do you guys think of these button-up boots? I don't know why, but I really like them.

Though I am fairly certain that I will regret purchasing them at $1.4K. They don't look very versatile, do they? I'm a novice here and I don't know if I could make them work. Since I can cover up the buttons with my pants when discretion is desired, they should be about as versatile as the backzips, right?

Does Atelier ever have sale prices? What are the chances that they will restock this model in the future?

Thanks.

Any opinions are welcome about the boots.

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i agree 10SEI0OTTO is pretty cool and totally should be in this thread

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you can get way better guidi for a better price from hide-m or PN/P, email them and if you really want you can get the button version like at atelier but at about 300 - 400 less, this will probably be a MTO so you will need to wait

5. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

I'm the exact same size and came in to ask this exact question. I'm guessing size 8 Tornados are out of the question for me?

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

depends, the horse are -2 on sizing but bison are -1, kangaroo, idk, email the owner and get some measurements

1 person likes this.
  7. kloss

kloss Senior member

That's great advice, thanks.

PN/P has them for about $100 cheaper but I don't like reverse leather.
    http://pnp-firenze.com/wp/shop/guidi-button-up-boot/
    I'll email PN/P and hide-m about MTO front kangaroo leather though. I hope that they don't charge extra for MTO.

8. BBSLM

BBSLM Senior member

Thanks. They're horse. And the measurements lead me to believe they'd be too big, but I was hoping maybe it was just because the shape.

9. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

horse apparently shrinks a lot in the dyeing process so ccp8 is about a 10, ccp9 = 11 thats that i have

1 person likes this.
  10. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

A1923 SS14:
    [​IMG]

8 people like this.
  11. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Guidi & Rosellini
    [​IMG]

12. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

:drool:

13. Jbravo

Jbravo Senior member

I saw those button-up Guidi for approx. $600 the other day here in Moscow, however the color was either white or very light grey. 1.5K is way too expensive imo.

14. eton97

eton97 Senior member

I really think this 'formula' that people try and put on sizing is dangerous. A CCP 9 does not equal an 11....I have just sold my sz9 tornadoes in horse and they were 32cm long. I have poeple telling me they have CCP 32cm long that are sz8. I've owned bison CCP tornadoes in sz9 that were 32cm and still too small because of the internal volume. I have owned Augusta in anything from sz42 to sz44 which have all fitted.
    Anything object dyed will react and shrink in its own unique way.
    It's just best to get the outsole measurement and hope it works out.
    BUT all my current CCP footwear (boots shoes and sneaks are sz9, all in different leathers, and I am 100% not a sz11. I'm a UK sz9, US sz10 and Eur sz43.
    I have Augusta workboots in sz43, Augusta derbys in sz44 ( I tried the sz43 and couldn't even get my foot in) and I've just bought a pair of Augusta double zippers in sz44 which no doubt will be too big. Who knows......but following some formula is certainly not going to work.

1 person likes this.
  15. eton97

eton97 Senior member

It's actually quite amazing how many variations of boot simone brings out each season.
    Haven't seen this one in this version. I've seen this zip config in a kind of wedge boot without a heel, and I've seen a tornadoe zipper with dead end detail. But not this.
    The entire collection he does is pretty big. Just makes picking something all the more difficult
    :) like a kid in a candy shop

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
  16. dmash

dmash Senior member

^and yet he still never replicated (to perfection) the Oiled Horse Z9 that was exclusive to Atelier a few years back. I still think that is the best lace up ever made :slayer: I can fully appreciate the depth of his collections, however I feel practically every season I'm let down that there is not a supple work boot in its simplest form. I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering. Either something added like a treatment, or perhaps a change in shape, or stitching......it seems there's always something off.

Maybe I just overanalyze each season because I'm so biased towards Holy Z9s. LoL

[​IMG]

17. eton97

eton97 Senior member

A bold statement my friend ;-)
    IMO the best is the classic 6 hole workboot. The red soled version (from aw11 I think) was pretty amazing, but I have to say the heavy horse version I bought from aw12 is the best boot simone has made
    The leather, creasing, fit, toe box shape, everything is perfection IMO
    [​IMG]

"I always feel there is something 'quirky' in every work boot offering.".....no quirks on this boot.
    Just perfection.
    I actually find the higher boots like the z9 a pain in the ass to get on and off.

18. dmash

dmash Senior member

Ok, let me rephrase, a 'higher shafted' work boot like that of the Z9.

See, I 100% agree that those^ look great, however they're too short for what I'm wanting :( I feel the Z9 height offers the best versatility between if you want to tuck buttoms or leave them untucked. I like everything else about them but that.

19. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

There is tall Z9 style workboot for SS14- no idea if anybody picked it up.

The tall IS by IS boot is quite stunning; a not too distant cousin to Altieri's S61M model.

20. dmash

dmash Senior member

Don't say that and get my hopes up E.

It will probably end up with too many brown hues, or in some funky leather like culatta, or something else I can nitpick about :satisfied:

I had actually starting eyeing Layer-0 pretty hard. I've still got faith left in good ol' Augusta though.