• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
so they made this site even gayer than it already was with no comment bubbles, lol

now its like facebook

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

"yo son you're an awful, turd of a person for what you said... great shoes though!" :uhoh:

since he doesn't browse SF (afaik), the comment wasn't made to anyone but about someone. it would be more like:
'that guy is kind of a dick but his shoes are cool.'
which doesn't seem weird to me

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
also, i never use, nor has my writing ever suggested i use "yo son"

Last edited:

ds74

Reaction score
sind - what's the code on those ccp boots? cul-ptc or something else

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Guidi boots retrospective over the past 2 1/2 years, proof that expensive boots are meant to be worn hard. This is the mileage they got out of their first set of vibrams - I've worn them travelling, hiking, through mud and swamps and a flood, snow, rain, hail.

*warning, lots of boring pictures of me standing in front of things*

Japan
282Ky.jpg

Korea
HFBlC.jpg

Taiwan
YUtJp.jpg

India
Fyxly.jpg

Vietnam - pre-rain, you can still see original gold color
nuRSE.jpg

The rain that washed the color out, completely black after this
Ek6Np.jpg

Cambodia
icMM0.jpg

Singapore
NOo4q.jpg

Malaysia
UfshB.jpg

Macau
1WJmU.jpg

Hong Kong
vHd25.jpg

Laos
tTIWx.jpg

...and last week, again in Laos. Still looking good
BUbxz.jpg

Last edited:

eton97

Reaction score

LM/2601LINED SBUC-PTC/010 - O. D. LINED DIAGONAL ZIP "GOODYEAR" BOOTS 100% LE in a size 09

curious why you ask?

Because the code 'sbuc-ptc' or 'cul-ptc' denotes the leather used for the boot and wether it is reversed or standard.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Because the code 'sbuc-ptc' or 'cul-ptc' denotes the leather used for the boot and wether it is reversed or standard.

dude you can tell in the pic they are non-reverse.

additionally, there are several other codes for cordovan (see below) and the tanning makes a difference. for example luc-ptc and sbuc-ptc are both non reverse bt dyed differently

CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.
LUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.
CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.
SBUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC.

just in case people are curious in future
sizing for ccl = -2
i am a us11 and took a 9 in ccp. you can always take out the insole for extra room.

eton97

Reaction score
Thank you. I know all this. I was merely answering your question 'curious why you ask?'
He asked what the code was so obviously was interested in the leather.
And, FYI, I did not mean reversed as in your classic reverse 'furry leather'. I meant as in luc or cul.
First pair of CCP?

I certainly would not say to size down -2 sizes for CCP footwear. Not sure whats ups with sinnedk'd pair, but from my experience they are kinda tts depending on the leather chosen.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thank you. I know all this. I was merely answering your question 'curious why you ask?'
He asked what the code was so obviously was interested in the leather.
And, FYI, I did not mean reversed as in your classic reverse 'furry leather'. I meant as in luc or cul.
First pair of CCP?

And, readers, I certainly would not say to size down -2 sizes for CCP footwear. Not sure whats ups with sinnedk'd pair, but from my experience they are kinda tts depending on the leather chosen.

you werent the one that asked and the other guy could of been wondering sbuc vs luc... in which case i wanted to have a convo re: tanning process so dont assume for him.

yes this is first pair of ccp but idk what that has to do with your questioning and fwiw eck sized down 2 in the boots maybe your tts is the derbies? additionally, my ccp insole says 44 on the back of it which is my exact size so i highly doubt its my particular pair. however, i know from past seassons that ccp has been all over the place in sizing.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
dude you can tell in the pic they are non-reverse.

additionally, there are several other codes for cordovan (see below) and the tanning makes a difference. for example luc-ptc and sbuc-ptc are both non reverse bt dyed differently

CUL-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), vegetable tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather brown, so it can be dyed only with dark colours.
LUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUL-PTC.
CUBS-PTC is horse cordovan leather used on the scar side (which is its reverse side), white tanned; this kind of natural tanning makes the leather white, so it can be dyed with any colour.
SBUC-PTC is the same leather, but used on the regular, non-reverse side; same dyeing process as CUBS-PTC.

just in case people are curious in future
sizing for ccl = -2
i am a us11 and took a 9 in ccp. you can always take out the insole for extra room.
LOL- this thread.

Funny thing about that list- I'm pretty sure when I posted it, I got it from Eton97 or maybe he posted it on here first, LOL. FWIW- Eton97 and the Paris crew are probably the most knowledgable people on the interwebz regarding Carol's work.

Re: CCP sizing it's all over the place- do your HW on the leather/model you are buying and keep your fingers crossed. I went down one to a 6uk in CCP, my normal is a UK7/US8/41.

Last edited:

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

LOL- this thread.

Funny thing about that list- I'm pretty sure when I posted it, I got it from Eton97 or maybe he posted it on here first, LOL. FWIW- Eton97 and the Paris crew are probably the most knowledgable people on the interwebz regarding Carol's work.

Re: CCP sizing it's all over the place- do your HW on the leather/model you are buying and keep your fingers crossed. I went down one to a 6uk in CCP, my normal is a UK7/US8/41.

Actually I got it from the office not eton

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads