Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. KitAkira

KitAkira Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!

Not sure why no one came in to address this, but these AnnDs are beautiful. Not a fan of the super wide vamp, but that leather is gorgeous.

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

Nope, I meant Augusta

3. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

I didn't even look at your join date because imo making any sort of generalization based on join date is doomed to fail. I think every human glorifies their personal taste to some degree. That was kind of my point. That what he said was merely reflective of his own taste rather than some sort of contrarian move.

Basically all I'm saying is if you read his post: "Hate zip boots, only good ones are non-goth margielas." as "I hate zip boots, the only ones I like are non-goth margielas." Then there is nothing objectionable to what he said in the slightest. Unless you make it a habit of taking issue with one's personal opinion.

My brain makes that sort of translation automatic now when I read forums. It makes me less upset all the time. Up to you how you wanna roll and how upset you like be though! Personal preference, amirite? Or maybe that's the sort of realization one can only make leveling the fuck out of one's join date like I apparently have?

Hrm, eckblk. For whatever reason the non reversed way kills all boners I have toward that style. Baby jesus weeps, but my wallet is pleased.

4. jet

jet Persian Bro

Hate the look of back zips and they look too smooth on a goth boot unless the objective is to be a smooth lookin boot a la margiela side zips.

The reason kent thinks I'm a contrarian is because I voice my opinion about stuff I don't like, I don't voice my opinion when everyone likes something and I like it too unless I have something to add. If everyone said they love lace up 5 hole boots I wouldn't post "yes I love those too". Therefore, I only post when I disagree and in this case I now offered an explanation for why I do not. I couldn't give a shit about ease of taking on and off I don't do that constantly and the look of laces on a carpe type boot is superior in my opinion.

5. norcal_indy

norcal_indy Senior member

I appreciate the perspective for sure. To be honest, I'm close to purchasing and I hadn't read much in this thread about the tradeoffs among styles with respect to laced vs. zipped and hadn't really considered any downside until you voiced your opinion. I don't necessarily know if I agree with it, but it did sort of wake me up from "I must have any of these boots" daze I've been in since this thread started. For $2K+ I would hope that the boots are as close to perfection as possible and it would suck to end up with something I don't love just because I didn't think through the purchase.

6. aether

aether Senior member

when I refer to zip boots I don't just mean zip-only boots. Boots that have zips and laces are ace too.

7. the shah

the shah Persian Bro #2 and enabler-in-chief

how contrarian of you !

8. dmash

dmash Senior member

Yeah, not fond of zip only, but the lace + side zip combo on combats looks fantastic imo

9. Earnest Hemingway

Earnest Hemingway Senior member

I like backzips on sneakers or boots with laces as well, but sidezips, esp. not on the instep, kinda bother me when combined w/ laces.

10. DLester

DLester Senior member

Either zips or laces are good for me; depends on the style of boot and what is appropriate. I will continue to wear and buy both.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011

11. dmash

dmash Senior member

Yo man i posted a pic a couple of pages back, they're from the guy I bought them from, but they're way better than what I can do with my simple point and shoot

12. hurhur

hurhur Senior member

What would be a good price for a new mint Guidi back zips?

13. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

From a stockist? 1050usd shipped to the USA. (mid height, not ankle versions)

the the classifieds- 6-7 hundred usd, Guidi's have no resale value at all, from my experience.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2011

14. jet

jet Persian Bro

fixed that for you big homie

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

err, I usually see them around 900 or so used.