• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

yea they are a custom order and shell

Who told you that? Atelier received them in multiple sizes back in 2011. Most are gone by now.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For AW, I would like to get the IS shoes:

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
JP prices for IS (or any of the JP brands) will much lower.

Last edited:

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

the new is line is awesome, if you find out who received a shipment stateside or europe plz lmk, japan mark-up is too much

Japanese lines are cheaper in Japan. Plus you have to be lucky to get bigger sizes.

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score

What's on everyone's kop/wish list this AW? (non shoe/boot items are fine if you wish)
I'll go first:
1.) Tornado Zips
2.) Cdiem (S52M) or Augusta workboots (ankle height)
3.) C&J Audley
4.) maybe a pair of Layer-0 boots (I'd love to handle the construction post AW11)

Did you note post AW11 because you find everything up to AW11 wasn't great or just because you havn't handled anything post AW11 in general?
Coz I just ordered these:

It actually took me a while to decide, I was thinking between these or the reverse cordovan ankle boots from 2012SS or a pair of Augusta ankle boots.
In the end I decided on Layer-0 and chose these because I found everything post AW11 to have a smaller/narrower heel design which I wasn't fond of.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Did you note post AW11 because you find everything up to AW11 wasn't great or just because you havn't handled anything post AW11 in general?
It actually took me a while to decide, I was thinking between these or the reverse cordovan ankle boots from 2012SS or a pair of Augusta ankle boots.
In the end I decided on Layer-0 and chose these because I found everything post AW11 to have a smaller/narrower heel design which I wasn't fond of.

i agree the lower ankle kills it a bit, but i figured i would vibram anyway

where did you pick those up?

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey Raw!

To be honest I haven't handled anything from Layer-0 (besides the AV_Field collab stuff)- I just happen to prefer the SS12 and forward stuff for aesthetic reasons. I did notice some boots have a shorter heel (and sole) design and I prefer the thicker heel and sole as well.

BTW- your custom order incarnation leather is a beauty- it's a shame it didn't work out in the sleeves. SF guys looking for great leather in sz 48- quickly PM this man!

Here are the 6 hole boot from SS12, just slightly evolved from AW11.

L-0TallBoot.jpg

I really love this boot

529908_326465237427396_1998784741_n.jpg

Last edited:

Magic1

Reaction score
I have the same sentiment about the lower heel. I'd love a pair of Layer-0 derbies, but they all seem to have the low heel. And the shell cordovan is so sick. You'll love them raw

chiggah

Reaction score
after a derby this season, any recommendation or good finds ?

second hand is ok too

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My buddy bought the last pair of shell cordovan derby's from PnP (in sz42) & doesn't want them any more- if someone is interested pm me. They are brand new. He'd want his money back so don't bother with a low offer.

Here are the 2 heels (& soles) I'm seeing:

DSCF67270394209.jpg

DSCF672703942014.jpg

Last edited:

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score
Yeah about the newer Layer-0 heel, it's not just the height, it's also the narrow profile.

Raw Selvedge

Reaction score
Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads