• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
GUIDI A/W12 Mo: 991 in reverse calf/black-t

Foto1.jpg

Foto2.jpg

**if anyone is interested please pm for details** :slayer: :):fistbump:

Last edited:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like quite a few of the Layer zero boots but I think I'm going to go with guidi for some derbies and some workboots.

Have got three pairs of carpe diems already, still looking for a pair of workboots too.

Boot collection with imminent purchases:

•Carpe Black Reverse Derbies

•Carpe Black Reverse Sidezips

•Carpe Black Calf Sidezips

Carpe Black Horse Workboots

Guidi Dirty Grey Calf Derbies

Guidi Dirty Grey Calf Workboots

•Margiela Black Calf Sidezips

•Margiela Black Calf Sidezips

•Margiela Black Replica Sidezips

•Margiela Replica Calf High Boots Grey Suede

•Margiela Replica Calf High Boots Charcoal Suede

It's sorta strange, I've got high end fashion boots, but for MC ish I go for Crockett and Jones, which aren't that expensive in comparison. I only wear black MC shoes though.

Sinnedk have you handled much of this stuff? Best advice man would be to go on holidays somewhere and try this stuff on, handle it all, then dive in. Quality of marsell I didn't find was that good and Margiela quality is dropping like a stone season by season. Layer 0 looks really really good, but I then something holds me back from them.. I think they would be really hard to wear without an SZ approved wardrobe.

Thoughts anyone?

uzairh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Layer 0 looks really really good, but I then something holds me back from them.. I think they would be really hard to wear without an SZ approved wardrobe.
Thoughts anyone?

Not true. You can wear them with pretty much any thing, besides formal suits and stufff.
It is still one of the most understated lines out there; not at all like C.Diem where most folks get hot and bothered at just about any piece.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sinnedk have you handled much of this stuff? Best advice man would be to go on holidays somewhere and try this stuff on, handle it all, then dive in. Quality of marsell I didn't find was that good and Margiela quality is dropping like a stone season by season. Layer 0 looks really really good, but I then something holds me back from them.. I think they would be really hard to wear without an SZ approved wardrobe.

really razele, why would i want your advice on anything after you acting like a snot towards me?

Last edited:

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
+1 to the black MC shoes only. I must try C&J in the future

grizzlybear

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
what are some cheaper alternatives to 991/995's?

I.want.so.bad :foo:

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

really razele, why would i want your advice on anything after you acting like a snot towards me?

Eh if thats the stance you want to take man.

Last edited:

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I really like quite a few of the Layer zero boots but I think I'm going to go with guidi for some derbies and some workboots.
Have got three pairs of carpe diems already, still looking for a pair of workboots too.
Boot collection with imminent purchases:
•Carpe Black Reverse Derbies
•Carpe Black Reverse Sidezips
•Carpe Black Calf Sidezips
Carpe Black Horse Workboots
Guidi Dirty Grey Calf Derbies
Guidi Dirty Grey Calf Workboots
•Margiela Black Calf Sidezips
•Margiela Black Calf Sidezips
•Margiela Black Replica Sidezips
•Margiela Replica Calf High Boots Grey Suede
•Margiela Replica Calf High Boots Charcoal Suede
It's sorta strange, I've got high end fashion boots, but for MC ish I go for Crockett and Jones, which aren't that expensive in comparison. I only wear black MC shoes though.
Thoughts anyone?

Raz-
That's a nice collection- 2 pair of Cdiem S40's? That's the rarest model to come by these days.

I'd like a pair of Crockett and Jones Audley

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads