The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

lots of ccp poping up, 2 for sale on SZ and 1 for sale here... are people cleaning their closets because of summer

2. jet

jet Persian Bro

Yes. I remember talking to karlo in the beginning of 07 and he was describing the effect of the washed calf as almost looking like it had a dusting of powder on them. I was sold and a lot of money later I had them in my hands in a week. One of the only things I bought from A besides faliero stole, raf scarf, raf derbies and homme + blazer. Great guys.

Last edited: May 28, 2012

3. Edgein

Edgein Senior member

Eck and Jet, With the exception of the red(personal view point), they are some really nice boots. All I need is a few more $$$ and smaller feet. Looks like neither are coming my way, so I live vicariously thru you all.

4. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Wow that's a bright red! Something a rogue Santa should wear .....

5. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

if those derbies are the ones David S was selling on SZ, i'm not sure if it will fit you. It does fit a bit more generous than traditional Augusta, but if you're in between 42-43 (from your classified) then I think the derbies is slightly snug for you.

anyway, i've had a handle on those derbies, the leather is very soft surprisingly. it's horse but i'm don't think it's the oiled horse leather. definitely not cordovan.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Can i get some feedback here... based on the fit pic below, to wear ccp properly and comfortably do one's toes need to be outside of the area where the toe box starts getting slimmer into the v shape? As in do the toes lie outside of the area where the CCP boots become narrow?

[​IMG]
    (fit pic from atelier website)

7. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

I've Ann boots with a fairly similar toebox, and yes, they more or less lie outside of the narrow area.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

This is for CCP only, I presume (and hope)?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

you guys ever wear/try on CCP?

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

No, sorry, just talking about narrow toeboxes in general. If you start cramming your toes into narrow toeboxes you're going to damage your feet and make yourself very uncomfortable. I speak from experience. Obviously your toes aren't completely straight, so if you measure a straight line from your big toe then it should overlap about halfway from the points where the shoe is widest and the shoe's edge, roughly speaking.

12. Urthwhyte

Urthwhyte Senior member

Nope. It's a brand that holds no appeal for me. It's not as if Poell invented his own incredibly unique toebox though.

13. onijo84

onijo84 Senior member

Yeah.Those are the ones he was selling. Kinda regret not pulling the trigger quick. Oh well, that would go down as another miss. As for the sizing, it should be fine as i am more towards 42.5 - 43(cp).

14. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

I don't understand the CCP - toebox question. the CCP derbyz i own have a fairly flat toebox (at the top). this makes it harder to size and requires sizing up. however if you have a flat instep, it will fit very well as if it's molded to your foot. i'm fortunate that it's like this for me.

as for the toebox, it does narrow to somewhat to make it appear pointy but it's not. strange and I cannot explain it well here. the toebox is rather rounded at the front. however, because of the fast narrowing at the toebox, it appears pointed. i went with my normal size and along with my Augusta work boots, they are now my daily wear - replacing my Augusta and MA derbyz.

Last edited: May 29, 2012

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i think based on your answer you understood the question quiet well, here is the thing i am a US11d (measured), i have flat feet and like roomy toeboxes, so with CCP i am not sure how to wear them and am questioning the fit