The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. T4phage

T4phage Senior member

destroyed kudu

2. uzairh

uzairh Senior member

Donkey, Kangaroo and Horse. Like a farm of shoes!

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

So they all have that really blunted look when viewed from above?

Also, those kangaroo boots look awesome.

4. localman

localman Senior member

That was my exact concern with Guidi. But the toe box looks completely normal when they are on It would appear that in photos it is exaggerated due possibly to lack of scale. I think it's important to remember that Guidi runs narrow so the toe box while round is not enormous since it is on a narrower platform. One thing I have found (with Guidi back zips in particular) is that if your feet are wide at all then it's possible for the ball of your foot to protrude and give a very bizarre appearance. This would be the only thing I would worry about with Guidi. I haven't found that to be a problem with the 995 or the 16.

5. Steel28

Steel28 Senior member

I've ordered 988 with toe cap to keep the original shape of the toe box (not MS) from PNP and Luigi told me that MS doesn't have toe cap.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

correct ms = no toe cap

7. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

The discussion about how rugged / tough / blunt / any other descriptor used thus far certain boots are needs to be put in context. Yes, compared to most Augustas / Carpes the Guidis are sleeker and narrower (this is probably most evident in the back-zips). But don't forget that they are still a rounded toe style with textured and object dyed leathers, aged hardware, leather soles with stacked heels, and etc. Compared to most other boots they are considered tough looking (back to those descriptors).

MS means no toe cap and the narrower shaft.

8. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

I really like those ankle boots. I don't tuck, ever, so ankle boots wear pretty much the same as full boots, anyway. The only concern I have is that they might be too "gothninja", which would limit their versatility for me. Think I can dress them up/wear them in the hospital, Platypus? After a bit of break-in, my Guidis were some of the most comfortable shoes I owned--and I'll be on my feet a lot.

9. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

The first time I saw someone wearing guidis, he was wearing chinos and a polo shirt. I recognized the shoes and asked him about them. He just loved them because they were comfortable. They didn't look out of place with anything he was wearing even though you typically see them in the goth/ninja aesthetic.

10. candrew

candrew Senior member

Considering:

[​IMG]

The right ones (reverse horse) in my size for $1000 usd bnib

I really wanted the ones on the left (scarred culatta), but they sold out [​IMG]

this is a good deal and I haven't found the scarred culatta anywhere else.

Should i just hold out or give in...

11. kejan

kejan Member

Platypus is correct in saying that each company is playing with the same raw materials, yet they all have a somewhat distinct aesthetic. MA+ certainly have the 'cleanest' appearance, but they wear in beautifully over time, and are suitable for many purposes. Guidi's ,Augusta and CCP have a completely different vibe. For me, MA+ are close to perfect, as the sizing is always consistent, which isn't something I can say for the other high end brands.

12. Platypus

Platypus Affiliate Vendor

Lmaozedong: I definitely think the ankle boots would work in that environment / for everyday wear. Both in terms of the shape of the boots and the leather. The donkey leather is probably the most "classic" looking leather Guidi uses while maintaining that texture and object dyed look (this is actually why we chose to carry this style / leather combination as it really works well with the clothing / aesthetic we have).

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

1k bnib for a1923 is very good, a reverse horse boot w/minimal scarring effect should be cool

14. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

I think we all really would like to see an eagle's POV of the toebox of the Guidi back zip (Can Platypus entertain us?)

I am flat foot with minimal to no arch, so those Guidi's would be a no-go?

15. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

After handling scarred culatta in person... I am not a fan. It looks like swamp thing designed a shoe leather.