The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

^^

This. It's the stitching that connects the tongue. That plus the low instep kill me. Probably why I keep buying Cdiem zip boots.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea i get it, sucks and you dont want to tear the boot... i normally have toe box issue with shoes, instep is usually not a problem but i get the frustration

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

I wouldnt say that MA+, i handled a few items, and was really impressed at how thick the leather was on the backzips, i had no qualms about their quality.

look to a1923 to accommodate a boot tuck....

layer-0, i am in suspense as well

4. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

why not try Guidi? i've seen a few SZ pictures of Guidi boot tucks that I thought looked good. i could never carry it off but those SZ guys do well with them.

5. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

BBSAW12

[​IMG]

Incarnation (possibly Guidi leather)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2012

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

7. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

mercury jp for the incarnation. BBS is not out yet.

8. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

I'd be down with A1923, but the price is just nuts...and when buying second hand, the variance in shape and sizing makes finding a good fit tough too.

I like guidi a lot, but I want a boot with more structure, guidis are too much like a pair of socks for me and they offer zero support. that being said, they look awesome.
    For this market, the best thing for me is ccp, since they're structured and accomodate a boot tuck, but alas, the price, again... plus, many of them are just tooo destroyed for my taste.

but yes, I want to hear more about layer-0 !!!

9. modalsaliency

modalsaliency Senior member

It is, yes.

10. docus

docus Active Member

With regard to the construction, Layer-0 are put together by the same people that made CDiem in years gone by, and who also make m.a+ now, and the quality is exactly the same. When it comes to comfort and the breaking in period, that varies from boot to boot, depending on the leather used and the shape. My Layer-0 lace-up boots are made from beautiful Guidi calf leather and were comfortable right from the first wear. It's the same for all the other Layer-0 footwear I own/have owned. They fit TTS, and are perfectly comfortable, with no issues at all. They've all improved with wear, developing lovely creasing, just as you would expect. They are the equal of any of the other brands in this bracket. The only thing that really separates Layer-0, CDiem, m.a+, Augusta, Guidi etc is the aesthetic, since they are all made to the highest standards, and from the highest quality leather. It's up to you what you think of the aesthetic, but they can't be faulted at all on the construction or fit. Personally, I love the aesthetic. It may come down to what clothes you're pairing it with - I wear almost exclusively a mix of CDiem / L'Maltieri, LUC, Individual Sentiments, Marvielab and m.a+, and I find Layer-0 works perfectly with this sort of minimalist, artisanal style.

Here's what I'm wearing today - Layer-0 derbies, worn with Marvielab linen trousers. Apologies for the bad photo, the light in my room is poor.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 11, 2012

11. thekunk07

thekunk07 Senior member

i ended up ordering a new incarnation leather jacket through hlorenzo. guide leather jacket is amazing

12. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Those BBS boots look awesome. I hope someone will post more pics soon.

With regards to those incarnation boots ... hum, idk, the spidery laces and how far the lacing goes to the toebox kinda bother me.

13. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

,thanks docus!

I can't behind the bbs or the incarnation boots...

14. curiouscharles

curiouscharles Senior member Affiliate Vendor

I can attest to the quality of Layer-0 footwear. Alessio uses either Guidi or Horween leathers (horween being the leather often used in Carpe Diem shoes). I personally own two pairs (rubber-band derbies, and painted canvas over leather ankle boots), and I can tell you they hold up just as good, if not better than my m.a+ tall staple boots (made with Guidi cow leather). Mind you, nothing really seems to compare to my m.a+ bison leather backzips. ;D

15. Lane

Lane Senior member

my boots are finally coming next week, the waits killin meehh

Last edited: May 11, 2012