The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

yea they are reminiscent of CCP, but a1923 quality and construction is just as insane (never handled ccp), thats why we have people arguing at who bests footwear in this category, i like a1923 because of the non pointy toe boxes, but ccp makes me drool as well

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I just want the tornado zip part- LOL

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

quality is definitely matched by simone, so if u can forgo the tornado zip you are good, but you know at full price augusta and ccp footwear is same, so get what you want

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Guys,

been meaning to throw some good words to this retailer http://www.aurevoiretmerci.com/, i got my augusta there and the service was amazing, a few guys on the forum will vouch for this place if anyone is looking for augusta. There are also some cool dbss there, email the retailer for more info, guy's name is Lou.

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

6. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

have to agree with Magic. the overall shape of the CCP boots appeals to me more.

7. Magic1

Magic1 Senior member

I think augusta's are on par with ccp in terms of construction and leathers, but the style of ccp is just better.

Sinnedk, it is pretty amazing how you say that augusta is comparable to ccp quality without every having handled ccp. . . I mean come on man.

8. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

he didn't even know of these brands until a few months ago. what do you expect? he's a bandwagoner who thinks he's an expert.

9. Mr. Moo

Mr. Moo Boxercise Toughguy

Let's define quality before we go down this rabbit hole again.

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i read, in fact i read in this thread

fuck you?

Last edited: May 2, 2012

11. nahneun

nahneun Uncle Nephew

i guess i can go become an intermediate macro class professor since i've read the requisite textbook for my class three years ago. hurray! let's go tenureeeeeee

12. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Maybe he saw a production vid of CCP?

:lol: Sorry, couldn't help it. :D

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

ok dude, i did a lot of research thats how i learned.

do you really want to start this? you know im gonna put you in your place amateur! wanna be a little pathetic internet troll, bring it

14. Abraxis

Abraxis Senior member

Just waiting for kunk to chime in about how CCP quality is crap because of a broken zipper on his tornados and I think one other piece of CCP he owned. ;p

My 2cents is quality does seem about the same. Both brands have stand outs, but both have issues. nicelynice's issues with his CCP derbies have made me hesitant to pick up a pair.

Augusta is solid, but not perfect either. I'd love a pair of the classic oiled horse trainer (black/white sole with blue green laces) or the blacked out pair, but it sounds like the laces break apart pretty easily and the eyelets come out.

I think people fetishize these elitist brands and would love to believe that for what they pay these things are perfect in every sense: design, materials, construction etc. etc. But things have defects, artisanal techniques oft-times don't have durability/longevity as goals. Know that even if you spent 100k for a pair of boots they may fall apart after a couple wears. Construction flaws or an overcomplicated production/treatment process that's more beautiful concept than practical.

I have pieces from all these brands that have broken zippers or other minor issues from CCP down to Julius down to random workwear-ish brands. Shit happens and if you are buying retail then usually the retailer/brand will work with you (Though some brands cough CCP take forever). If you are buying second hand then well what do you expect? ;p

Anyway, I think my point is no matter how much you pay, shit may happen and if that's something you can't handle then aim a little lower price wise and buy 2-5x of everything you like.

15. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

@ nahneun see above you dont have to agree, i personally thing augusta and ma+ are on par based on handling both but ccp i hear complaints about a lot yet i've had retailers, people and other posters confirm quality of ccp and augusta being similar