• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have an Air King 5500, 2020 OP, and a vintage Seamaster chronometre.

Would like an Explorer 114270 next

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Nothing new. Just old stuff that I never added vibram to. I have not really purchased any clothing or footwear this past year. Cars/watches was 2020 haha
Just one, M5 competition. You still in JP?
I was able to pickup a sea dweller, hulk, and most recently a sky dweller blue in the last 12 mos. Got bit by the watch bug a few years back. Lol

I love the Eck flex. M5 is awesome!

2020 also car n watch year for me.

tesla model y performance and a batgirl

still not close to your collection

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those are sick! I like the the fact that they almost look like a living thing (or recently dead ha). This style boot reminds me of what someone would wear in an HR Giger painting. I saw on your IG that you have another pair of A1923s that looks like they're made of waves of black mercury. I think that's their Culatta leather. Also very nice.

thanks but I sold those a1923 in 2017 I think, sadly they were .5 size off and started hurting my feet.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice! I have an Air King 5500, 2020 OP, and a vintage Seamaster chronometre.

Would like an Explorer 114270 next

What color OP? Some of those colors are really pop. I was offered a green one a few months ago but declined.

I love the Eck flex. M5 is awesome!

2020 also car n watch year for me.

tesla model y performance and a batgirl

still not close to your collection

Love the Batgirl, the Jubilee is insanely comfortable. Congrats on both.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What color OP? Some of those colors are really pop. I was offered a green one a few months ago but declined.

Love the Batgirl, the Jubilee is insanely comfortable. Congrats on both.

thanks man but I am jealous of the hulk you got. Air king is growing on me.

I got rid of all my watches a few years back to get a sub, then I found myself likening the pop of the jubilee on a GMT.

I like a rootbeer as well but to close out rolex I want a daytona, not sure which one yet, might go Precious metal depending on finances.

what color m5? That thing is a beast.

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's the white 34 114270 that preceded the lacquer dials.

I'm torn on cars too. I was looking at a M2 comp but the model 3 keeps calling my name

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
thanks man but I am jealous of the hulk you got. Air king is growing on me.

I got rid of all my watches a few years back to get a sub, then I found myself likening the pop of the jubilee on a GMT.

I like a rootbeer as well but to close out rolex I want a daytona, not sure which one yet, might go Precious metal depending on finances.

what color m5? That thing is a beast.

Fashion Grey, it's an individual color.

I feel my my AD is never going to offer me a stainless steel daytona. I think it's been 3 years since i've asked. I saw a yellow gold/black face daytona recently and it was stunning.

I'm torn on cars too. I was looking at a M2 comp but the model 3 keeps calling my name

IMO the M2's are purest driving cars BMW makes. Almost a modern E46 if there is a thing.

Back to boots, ya'll see these?

IMG_4679.jpg

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I took a Y because of kids and etc but the 3 does take turns better and is a tad faster. I like how they got rid of the chrome panelling now and the 2021 version looks a lot better. One heads up, i bought FSD which was 2k cheaper at the time but its still in beta and on freeway you get autopilot so i dont think its necessary, save some cash you can add it later.

What i do recommend is performance + black rims.
Dont recommend the silver rims they just dont look good IMO the black color is too glossy kinda kills it. Midnight silver or blue are great.

Just my 2c do what's right for you.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Fashion Grey, it's an individual color.

I feel my my AD is never going to offer me a stainless steel daytona. I think it's been 3 years since i've asked. I saw a yellow gold/black face daytona recently and it was stunning.

IMO the M2's are purest driving cars BMW makes. Almost a modern E46 if there is a thing.

Back to boots, ya'll see these?

View attachment 1573435
  • watches - You and i def have different options for relationships with ADs, i sadly gave up with ADs because anywhere i go they just give me the BS of buy something you dont need and I dont want to do that. I may establish a relation ship at an AD that has omega and rolex, i like the new speedy so if i do that i'll ask to be on list for Pepsi/Daytona.
  • Boots - Mmoira? I have been wearing L0 or sneakers mostly so my other boots piling a bit of dust atm,

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sinnedk Thoughts on this 2018 perf model? I'm still in the prelim stages of research so I'm just looking around

The tesla used market is a bit new to me but i know you can get a really good deal. (dm me so we dont derail thread to cars, unless people wanna talk a bit cars/EV, I'm down)

Inside looks exactly like mine.

Few things to consider:
  1. I'd switch those rims to 20s (m3 seems to support 20s)
  2. kill the chrome, its a wrap job i think, few hundred
  3. electric charger at home, i was advised to do this and did because some people used the regular plug and could not get a charge fast enough, i felt this was worth the investment. no one getting you your time back.
I just went to the tesla website, M3 performance in midnight silver 55,490 (no FSD), 20 inch rims.
i dont think you are saving enough to go used if you do #1 and #2 aftermarket, thats going to be a few thousand so you are at 50k (maybe 47500). Now add on the performance increase of the new version, id go with 2021.

I know that if i dont buy the car with everything i want that i'll never get around to doing it. I'll just kick the can and eventually become complacent with what i have.

i'm in the wrong side of my 30s, at this point i dont compromise (within reason) and am relentless to get what i want which is a drive that made me successful in career and life. I apply this to cars, fashion, people.

Best friendly advice, make sure whatever you end up with that you are happy and dont look back, the looking back kills the enjoyment.

this is my car btw, insta is linked in signature

im eddie

Reaction score
Just got the new U-Sole prosthetics, color 36. My first CCP boots, went right off into the deep end... Waiting on black tornado drips for July. Gonna be an exciting summer.

It's like a dirtied off white color has hints of dark grey. Anyways, I have been testing shoe waxes and creams on the soles. Seems like its going to be hard finding good product. So far everything darkens the leather very intensely. Venetian shoe cream, Saphir Renovateur, Clear Beswax used so far. I should try some leather greases before I vibram the sole. If anyone has experience with this CORS in color 36 advice would be appreciated.

Despite the vibram sole inserts I will most likely vibram these anyways. I can already see points where there is more wear on the leather sole with a few uses.

Also, don't know if this is new. The insoles and lining are perforated.

CCP9 fits like 9.5-10 US. My regular size is 9.5 E.

IMG-0496.JPG

ccp1.png

Last edited:

oulipien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CCP9 fits like 9.5-10 US. My regular size is 9.5 E.

dang this makes the sizing seem even crazier than it was before; I remember sinnedk saying the rule of thumb was to add 2 to the CCP size. I wish there were stockists around here so I could actually try the damn things on.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dang this makes the sizing seem even crazier than it was before; I remember sinnedk saying the rule of thumb was to add 2 to the CCP size. I wish there were stockists around here so I could actually try the damn things on.

u-sole is most likely a different fit due to that angle.

for tornados my experience is this

CUL = -1
LUC/SBUC = -2
Bison = -1

Cubs I tried on but forgot

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just one, M5 competition. You still in JP?
Damn. M5.....nice

I wanted that v10 E60 M5 but it’s a money pit.
I still gave my E90 M3....
The newer cars are too “ advanced” for me.

I was looking forward to the Supra but it’s actually a let down.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 37.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads