• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Walked into my BJJ class in my reg clothing, on the way out I walked out in a GI with CDiem, looked ridiculous

5F53BE30-D095-42FC-BCBB-8879863ADF76.jpeg

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walked into my BJJ class in my reg clothing, on the way out I walked out in a GI with CDiem, looked ridiculous

View attachment 1351832
lol. You realize that you can takie off your belt and kimono, right? I sometimes just keep the pants on, to save myself also haveing to wash my sweats, but you don't need to wear your entire uniform. Also, what is up with that knot?

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
lol. You realize that you can takie off your belt and kimono, right? I sometimes just keep the pants on, to save myself also haveing to wash my sweats, but you don't need to wear your entire uniform. Also, what is up with that knot?

I was on my way home to take a shower But didn’t have sneakers so it was a quick walk to the car but the ridiculousness of it was good

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I know this thread kinda died. But I must say I am super happy with the side zip horse cDiem I picked up. The current re-hash is much thicker leather and the boots feel like tanks. Really too bad that the brand went under. pic with protective soles and some wear

IMG_3773.jpeg

KaleidoscopicK

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The cobbler wants 80 CAD, and im also worried they are gonna make additional changes to the boot. Last cobbler i went to, sanded the sides of the sole to smooth it out even when I told them not to.

This sounds like Nick's in Toronto.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Someone sell me some derbies in size 42!! Sold all my boots because I got sick of taking them on and off, but still want a sick pair of shoes

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Been a long time... A quick check: If the Layer 0 R.Cordovan in 42 fits me just about snug after a few wears with a little wiggle room(still comfortable), should I go for a 42 in CD's S23 lace ups? Thanks guys.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Been a long time... A quick check: If the Layer 0 R.Cordovan in 42 fits me just about snug after a few wears with a little wiggle room(still comfortable), should I go for a 42 in CD's S23 lace ups? Thanks guys.

i just checked s21m against L0 lace up, both 44. S21M is about same size as s23m so s21m was a bit longer than L0 but I think same size should be fine.

fps

Reaction score

Yes. I own L0 shell derbies in a 42 and OG s23ms in a 42. Breaking in the punishingly low in-step on the carpes aside, you should be just fine.

onijo84

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you. How was the breaking in? I am a true 43 but ended up with a 42 in L0. These felt better once the up-turned toe flattened out. Btw, what does you feet measure?

Last edited:

soratoran

Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I've never owned a pair of CCP before, and I've recently peaked my interested in some tornado boots...
For the experts, could you help me with an authenticity check and see if this particular pair is legitimate? The seller apparently doesn't have original box, but has the "rice bags". Good seller feedback, and linked an IG where he actively posts 'artisanal" fit-pics.
Can't be too safe with these sorts of things though, right? Thanks!

Also, I've been looking at a pair of the drip prosthetics as well. I definitely like the prosthetic design but not too into the rubber drip. I wouldn't mind wearing them and letting the bottom sole naturally shave down but I don't imagine the rubber on the sides and toe box seeing any wear of course. Does anyone know if it's removable at the cobbler?
Thanks a lot!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.32 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 107
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.39 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.39 AM.png
    975.3 KB · Views: 101
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.46 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.46 AM.png
    962.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.56 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.48.56 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.49.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 5.49.05 AM.png
    1 MB · Views: 128

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
I've never owned a pair of CCP before, and I've recently peaked my interested in some tornado boots...
For the experts, could you help me with an authenticity check and see if this particular pair is legitimate? The seller apparently doesn't have original box, but has the "rice bags". Good seller feedback, and linked an IG where he actively posts 'artisanal" fit-pics.
Can't be too safe with these sorts of things though, right? Thanks!

Also, I've been looking at a pair of the drip prosthetics as well. I definitely like the prosthetic design but not too into the rubber drip. I wouldn't mind wearing them and letting the bottom sole naturally shave down but I don't imagine the rubber on the sides and toe box seeing any wear of course. Does anyone know if it's removable at the cobbler?
Thanks a lot!

the boots look legit.

the rubber drip you can probably sand down or remove yourself. But why hassle with that if you don’t like the sides just get the regular tornados. The drop wears down anyways.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads