The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

one of my favorite pics from A's blog

[​IMG]

2. chomeo

chomeo Senior member

is that the second iteration of that boots E?

3. notwithit

notwithit Pullup laureate

Following up on the discussion in another thread discouraging the purchase of F+Bs:

What's a baller alternative to the F+B Elf? It has some wrinkling going on, a round zipper pull, and other than that it's a standard black side-zip:

[​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Senior member

Anybody have fit pics of Guidi derby's (992)?

5. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Fuck it man, just pick them up

Going to wait a little bit before I take the dive but I like them unless there is an alternative that will cost a bit more.

Loving my F+B 745 right now with the ankles laced up. I will say that the leather sounds rubbery so perhaps it is actually crap quality.
    Aside from that, the toe profile, shape, heel and sole construction look real good to me. The leather can be thin around certain areas. I did receive my pair 2nd hand (Buyer said worn for less than 6x) and I noticed around the shoe some areas wrinkled more easily and looked really worn. Nothing some conditioning can't fix. Overall leather is pretty damn thick though.

The 'Elf' is nice zip boot alternative IMO compared to say something released from MMM side zip? Not sure if it is the same shape for all MMM side zip but I noticed when someone posted POV photos the toe box starts to square up a bit, reminds me of hoofs rather than rounding out. The MMM cowboy boots on the other hand seem to have a good profile. Haven't had a chance and never will probably to see in person though unless I take the dive.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  6. notwithit

Toebox shape varies with different MMM models. Mine have a pretty rounded toe.

There's a decent chance I'll bite on them, but I'd probably wait until fall anyway, since I usually wear sneakers in the summer (and I already have several pairs of boots, I just happen to like the way these look).

People keep saying to save up and buy something better, so I'd like to know what's a better version of basically the same shoe.

7. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

Me too

I can understand better to be higher quality and attention to detail when being handmade / constructed -> wearing better over time -> can go through several repairs i.e. replacing the sole/conditioning the leather -> essentially lasting longer i.e. you are paying for "20 pairs of shoes in 1"

But given how much footwear the avg. SF'er has, will you be wearing your boots hard enough in general to warrant the destruction of said shoe? In general we all buy nice pairs of footwear so I really doubt things just fall apart.

On the contrary, perhaps people really love only 1 type of boot and so rather than buy many along the line, they fork out a lump sum to pickup the best of the 1 type of footwear to wear on forever i.e. Lane

And of course there are the MANY fans : )
    I can understand all of these so in the end, it is just personal preference we are speaking about :lol:

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Senior member

I like the f+b's, I would go for them
    MMM has many shapes for their boots, but the classic shape is:
    [​IMG]

the square ones you're talking about are probably something like these? which are probably hella old
    [​IMG]

the cowboy boots actually have a more squared off toe than the regular side zips (I used to have a pair)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

1st- mine were super uncomfortable :mad:

Guidi sidezips? Won't have round zipper pull

696 (ankle)
    698 (mid)
    699 (high)

698 mid
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. gettoasty

gettoasty Senior member

the first and second look good to me though i was originally referring to the how the third toe shape looks square-like. first is definitely the best IMO

^the MMM

11. notwithit

Mine have a pretty round toebox. I guess I'd call them western boots on account of the heel, but it's not like they have a bug on the toe or anything. MMMs on the right, Julius back-zips on the left.
    [​IMG]
    Those look pretty nice, and not that extreme. Wish there was somewhere I could try them on in person instead of buying them blind.

Also, don't those run pretty small, like two sizes? If so, I'd need a 47.

12. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

anyone have experience with wjk sizing? those carpe-esque backzips specifically. the S, M L sizing is throwing me for a loop.

13. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

i tried those f+b on at barneys, they def did not feel like a 400+ pair of shoes, their quality was ok, i like some of their models but honestly they are all a pass

14. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

15. artishard116

artishard116 Senior member

thanks, do you think that 31 is outsole?