1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. MaiLam

MaiLam Senior Member

I quite like the Viberg side zips. Could go well too with the 3sixteen leather

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Got a link or pic?

3. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

thanks, kinda prefer a taller shaft on zip boots

4. agorman2

agorman2 Member

The+Library-082.jpg Hey guys, I am looking for black CCP derby's in a size 6. any help with this would be awesome. i haven't seen much of anything recently on grailed, ebay etc.

5. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

@agorman2 youll probably need to check with retailers.

6. agorman2

agorman2 Member

do you know of any retailers in the US?

7. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

USA has L’Ecleriur. Maxfields LA might carry CCP but I am not sure.

8. Lohikaarme

Lohikaarme Senior Member

L'Eclaireur is the only US stockist as far as I know. If Maxfields has any more it's stashed away in a secret basement somewhere.

9. agorman2

agorman2 Member

Hey hopefully you guys can help me with a few questions here. I couldn't come up with anything in a google search... Why do some of the CCP Derbys have the metal shank and some dont? also, what does "lined Goodyear" refer to?

10. sinnedk

sinnedk Stylish Dinosaur

Hey, i can answer some of that.

Why do some of the CCP Derbys have the metal shank and some dont?
    • 2009/2010 collections introduced the external shank so anything before that wont have it. It was a style change which most people liked.
    what does "lined Goodyear" refer to?
    • This is actually 2 questions.
    • Lined - inside of most shoes and boots is a leather lining which makes the boot smooth and easier for your foot to get into. Shoes with smooth leather have the rough side pointing inside the boot so makers line it with other small piece of leather. However, in the case of CCP reverse leather boots (CUL/CUBS) the exterior is not smooth but the interior is smooth by default and doesnt need lining. see CUL unlined , see SBUC lined
    • Goodyear - this is the construction technique of the boot see https://www.primermagazine.com/2014...struction-goodyear-welt-blake-stich-cementing, CCP is made using GYW and they state that tis all.

hope that helps

11. agorman2

agorman2 Member

This is perfect, thank you for your help!

12. GarleyCavidson

GarleyCavidson Well-Known Member

Still waiting to hear back from Maurizio regarding replacing these M_Moria with another pair.

image.jpg

13. oulipien

oulipien Distinguished Member

Wait, didn't he say he would replace them? Or do you just mean about the actual logistics?

14. GarleyCavidson

GarleyCavidson Well-Known Member

He did say he would replace them but we haven’t yet been able to connect over the phone to discuss the replacement.