• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Whirling

Reaction score
Hmm a1923 new backzip looks like a hybrid of 2 guidi models IMO
looks like this guidi front zip shape wise

I like the Guidis better. How would people feel about Viberg entering the "Artisanal" space? Could they? Should they? (Some of their vat-dyed stuff was headed this direction.)

Whirling

Reaction score
Not to be flippant, but it would mean making footwear that would belong on this thread...more of their 310 last...more vat-dying...more leather soles...perhaps some subtle distressing...perhaps hand-stitching some uppers...new patterns for some uppers...here are some photos to get people thinking, but please tell me if I am fundamentally confused about something.

Apsley-Natural-Waxed-Flesh-1_462x.jpg DivisionRoad_Viberg_0304_59097dd4-fd26-475f-9b79-6d13856bfdda.jpg Indigo_SB3.jpg SZ-Blk-Washed-Horse-p2_1024x.jpg

Whirling

Reaction score
i get it. i'd be against it as i see plenty of brands popping up doing this type of footwear. Viber has a core audience might not need to deviate.
I think they are already desperately looking around for ways to move beyond their core audience...they are deviating in ways that I think are worse for them...slippers, fairly conservative Derby shoes.

Perhaps I should have enclosed a photo of their whole-cut boot, which I happen to dislike...

WB-Black-Washed-Horsehide-p-1.jpg

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
#artisanalgatekeeping

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like the Guidis better. How would people feel about Viberg entering the "Artisanal" space? Could they? Should they? (Some of their vat-dyed stuff was headed this direction.)
I saw some if it here in Paris, it is not my style but better than a lot of the overhyped bullshit made by some people who have no idea of the science of shoes.

if they are committed to it, they already have the technology and equipment, it would be just a matter of consistent designing of the product.

tellure

Reaction score
A1923 grey culatta curved zips with Lumen et Umbra roll-hem pants. Still really digging these boots.. been wearing them with worn-in jeans or slightly more dressed up like here. Selling these pants BTW if anyone is interested (size 31). Really nice heavy jersey fabric but I just have too many black pants.

DSC00270.jpg

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads