• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

platformtwo

Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing tips for Carpe Diem? I'm a 9.5 brannock, 43 in Guidi, 9 in Viberg/Doc Martens, 42 in Ann D and Rick, 9.5 or 10 in most running shoes.

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does anyone have sizing tips for Carpe Diem? I'm a 9.5 brannock, 43 in Guidi, 9 in Viberg/Doc Martens, 42 in Ann D and Rick, 9.5 or 10 in most running shoes.

i think we are talking on reddit about this :p

@eckblk our resident CD knowledge base should know

nevermind, eck beat me to the punch

Last edited:

platformtwo

Reaction score
TTS with a low instep. I'd advise against sizing up, they will be way too long.

Thank you!

Edit: Actually, do you have any tips for figuring out whether the instep might be too low? It's the first time I've heard it mentioned in sizing advice

Last edited:

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score

Take everything sinnedk says with a grain of salt. He doesnt know ****

Zamb

Distinguished Member
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
In terms of quality and refinement of the aesthetic, Carpe Diem is unparalleled im Artisanal footwear.
AV to me never lived up to the concept in terms of execution of the design. Memoria is too clean for me

Carol holds the sway in terms of conceptual footwear, but Carol boots/ shoes are not the best made

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
In terms of quality and refinement of the aesthetic, Carpe Diem is unparalleled im Artisanal footwear.
AV to me never lived up to the concept in terms of execution of the design. Memoria is too clean for me

Carol holds the sway in terms of conceptual footwear, but Carol boots/ shoes are not the best made

no love for ma+/a1923/L0 ?

yunBW

Reaction score
I’m looking for a chucky black derby something like dr martens that I could wear with multiple . I wonder what other brands could I look into for a good quality and a comfortable derby. Haven’t decide my price range yet.I want it to be some sort of a replacement as my black sneaker (not expecting as comfortable as sneaker)

Thank you

TheLastZealot

Reaction score
Professors of baller boots, I have a question here

Found this on the G site today. A1923 double zip for less than $600, sounds almost unrealistic
https://www.grailed.com/listings/2987433-A1923-brown-boots
https://www.grailed.com/listings/2987439-A1923-grey-boots

Need some diagnosis here. What do you guys think? The seller did not post much information, and not responding my questions. Can someone identify the leather type, season/year, fit (I am tts 40. wears 42 guidi 995 with thick jelly redwing insole), and why this is priced like this?

Much thanks

sinnedk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@TheLastZealot
Both are from fw15/16 timeframe as a1923 delivers randomly i cant pinpoint exactly but that should give you a reference.
  1. Orange a1923 - that looks like horse oil but could of been marketed as culatta, reminds me of these http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2015/08/a1923-fw15-16-double-zip-boots_11.html
  2. Dark grey - thats def one of the later culatta batches that was released, you can see how the front of boot is smooth and back is rugged/reverse.
The boots should be TTS but sometimes its 1/2 size off so i think a 41 works for you regardless.

Re price, well they are worn, they aren't barely worn, esp that culatta boot has heel issues. Dude probably wants to unload them quickly.

good luck , hope that helps

TheLastZealot

Reaction score
@TheLastZealot
Both are from fw15/16 timeframe as a1923 delivers randomly i cant pinpoint exactly but that should give you a reference.
  1. Orange a1923 - that looks like horse oil but could of been marketed as culatta, reminds me of these http://pnp-firenze.blogspot.com/2015/08/a1923-fw15-16-double-zip-boots_11.html
  2. Dark grey - thats def one of the later culatta batches that was released, you can see how the front of boot is smooth and back is rugged/reverse.
The boots should be TTS but sometimes its 1/2 size off so i think a 41 works for you regardless.

Re price, well they are worn, they aren't barely worn, esp that culatta boot has heel issues. Dude probably wants to unload them quickly.

good luck , hope that helps

You are the professor. Massive thanks

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics