• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

eckblk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Tags are different on the re-lease. Reverse vachetta is also light grey on the re-release.

cpollard

Reaction score
Tags are different on the re-lease. Reverse vachetta is also light grey on the re-release.
i've never seen an OG pair with a single piece sole and no stitching on the arch. and that sole leather looks a little too pristine ... happy to be proven wrong if i am. eta: proved myself wrong, they did exist prior to re-release ..! but to be pedantic, these were definitely VERY late in the game ..

these are both OG:

eB72mQf
4FY1LF8.jpg

xdwkpOo.jpg

Last edited:

nyarkies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can't order online from them? Did they ban you or something?

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn, too late, I was there yesterday. The store is cool and staff are really nice. Never seen a better collection of women's stuff. I guess I'm just jaded, though, because for all the cool stuff they had, nothing really interested me....

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Damn, too late, I was there yesterday. The store is cool and staff are really nice. Never seen a better collection of women's stuff. I guess I'm just jaded, though, because for all the cool stuff they had, nothing really interested me....
Interested you as in "I want this", or as in "This is super cool". The latter, and you are truly jaded, and probably need to take up bullriding or something. The former, and it probably just means that you have a very mature wardrobe.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe a little bit of both - a lot feels stagnant in the "artisanal" realm. I loved the Araki Yuu, Archivio, GBS stuff, but it's nothing that is making me say "wow." The brand I enjoy the most lately is Ziggy Chen, the playfulness with the fun prints and fabrics is welcome.

I'm happy to switch between a couple pieces now, so maybe if I needed a deeper wardrobe I'd be more excited.

LA Guy

Opposite Santa
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe a little bit of both - a lot feels stagnant in the "artisanal" realm. I loved the Araki Yuu, Archivio, GBS stuff, but it's nothing that is making me say "wow." The brand I enjoy the most lately is Ziggy Chen, the playfulness with the fun prints and fabrics is welcome.

I'm happy to switch between a couple pieces now, so maybe if I needed a deeper wardrobe I'd be more excited.

For me, the "wow" factor often comes not from the designs (those are cool, but there are really only so many ways that you can put together a pair of pants without veering into stupidity), then with the treatments, and I sorta feel that every season, there is at least one thing that I think is cool - the linen over leather Guidi backzip boots, the object dyeing in ochre yellow of some CCP leathers, an MA+ jacket in crocodile, etc... Yeah, I'm not necessarily going to drop $4K on a yellow leather, especially since wearing yellow often makes me look like an extra on the Walking Dead. But it's cool to see in stores.

Or, maybe I've just learned to temper my expectations. At Pitti Uomo, which is pretty comprehensive, I will often find just a few things that I find really appealing. A lot of it is "Oh, that's a great... shirt". But every so often, I will see one designer, or just one piece from one designer, that really does it for me, whether personally or just from a "I really hope that stores pick this up" way.

On a personal note, I've always liked the individual pieces in the "artisanal" realm, particular the leather jackets and accessories, but have always found the styling, particularly on men, to look fussy and forced, so for me, it's fun to match a CCP jacket with say, slouchy black jeans and some Visvim hightops or some checkerboard slip ons. I know that you have been on the same kick.

tldr: I'm rambling. I often see at least one or two things that keep me interested. Dislike head to toe looks.

nahneun

Uncle Nephew
Reaction score
i've lost my love for devoa. it's like i'm in between relationships and can't figure out what i want in a relationship. i feel like an old man yearning for the golden years

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads