The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

It's possible that all of the above are true. Bootmakers and shoemakers source different leathers from all over the place, for all different applications. Probably the only maker that deals exclusively with a single tannery is Guidi, for the obvious reason.

2. eckblk

eckblk Senior member

I've read Guidi, Maryam and recently Tempesti.

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

For medium to medium large sized (up to about a number 8), YKK excellas are excellent. I've handled a ton of zippers, and I find that riris, of all of those, are not particularly durable, though they glide very well.

4. fistinyoface

fistinyoface Senior member

There seems a minority that want these re-released Carpe's to be bad. Spoiler alert: They're not. I'd bet all these whispers about S/S '18 being shit are going to be groundless too. The only issue is that it's not Altieri behind the brand anymore. But does it matter? He's stagnated in the Mines of Moria and is now trying to make super anatomical pants that Devoa and Aitor Throup already did, and probably better, years ago.

I'd say for anyone who always wanted a pair of Carpe Diem shoes or boots: go ahead and order them. They look great and they'll last. Not that the latter matters much as most people who jump in this game either rotate faster than a fidget spinner or sell their stuff with zero to a half dozen wears anyway.

5. cpollard

cpollard Member

yes, the CA01 cavallo (as the boots posted above in this thread) is from maryam, not guidi.

per their AW17 linesheets, they were offering three cavallo (CA, CA01, CA R ...)

maryam is a cheaper leather than guidi, and since there is not a price difference between the three i would guess that the other cavallo were maryam as well. it would be very unusual to pick up a reverse cavallo from guidi and a full-sided from another tannery. but it could be so. i have not been involved with tempesti so i don't know what their pricing is like.

the CA01 is definitively maryam.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member