The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

re peteosalum, I'm interested in a pair of derbies so please share purchase info.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Senior member

Been thinking about purchasing the Guidi PL1 boots in horse. Would be buying most likely from a shop with a return policy, but would like to ask for sizing advice. Do you size up one on these as with most Guidis? Does the horse leather stretch a lot so that it affects sizing?

Any thoughts, opinions of the PL1 boots vs the Guidi 5305FZ boots.

These are the 5305FZ boots:
    https://www.ateliernewyork.com/guidi-guidi-men-front-zip-combat-boot.html

Many thanks in advance for any thoughts!

3. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

I can't speak to the particular model, but I have a few pairs in horse, in different colors, and there is not a lot of stretch to them, unlike say, steer or kangaroo.

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

5. nicelynice

nicelynice Senior member

Guidi horse is quite soft and does stretch a bit. Pl1 also tends to fit TTS rather than a size large. I'd go TTS or a half size up in that model

6. Glanton

Glanton Member

Sure, as said before I'm purchasing through endstation gallery. They have 3 options of shoe in stock: 2 pairs of boots Both in Over Kip nubuck and a pair of derbies in cordovan split (the same ones which are pictured on the Instagram page). I'm making a custom order though (mckay welt in Over kip nubuck in a dark green just if anyone's interested) they said it should take around 3 months to be completed. The other options were Cordovan split and then shell cordovan, and all had various other colours to choose from. I won't talk about price in public but I can send them to you if you like?

There was also another leather available but not until the new year I think. It was called 'Cratered Cordovan' which is also pictured on the instagram page in an off white colour.

7. tellure

tellure Senior member