The Official Artisanal "streetwear" footwear (boots, shoes, sandals) thread (Guidi, CCP, Augusta, M.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by eckblk, Jun 10, 2011.

1. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

They bought the name not the designs so new cdiem can become aldo for all we know.

2. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Added black sole edge dressing to my ma+, looks pretty nice, also I had these since dec 2014, aged pretty well IMO IMG_7170.JPG

3. oulipien

oulipien Senior member

4. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

Firstly what does that have to do with anything? Secondly no I am not since I didn't get any reasonable offers.

5. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

Well, not to beat a dead horse, but if you have ever dealt with IP law, it's very complicated, and the contracts are just as, so it's not like we know who owns what, has a right to use what, and how. I mean, for all we know, Altieri signed an agreement to an exclusive license all intellectual property for X years, and actually, is in breach of a non-compete clause right now.

There are jurisdictions in which its up to the individual to prove that they are not in competition with the company they left, rather than the other way around, for example.

Me, I'm pretty skeptical of whatever is told to me, by whatever side. I know that I may be the anomaly in that I tend to be, barring personal injury, fairly apolitical.

6. sinnedk

sinnedk Senior member

would a small obscure fashion label really have that detailed of a contract past just name ownership? I am saying that because its not like Cdiem was on the scale of Rick for example whom was sued by Nike because he go their attention. Anyways i really have no idea and we are all beating a dead horse, we won't truly know. I honestly don't care that much.

but if anyone is interested shelter got their shipment http://blog.shelter2.com/category/c-diem/

7. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

No idea, but it's possible. I've seen startups with just angel funding (so, under $1MM) with incredibly complicated partnership or JV agreements.

And in the absence of those, the prevailing laws differ from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. Not that to that would matter in the eyes of aggrieved parties. Moral and legal rights are not always well aligned, depending on your POV.

8. marvin100

marvin100 Senior member

Just because something isn't outright illegal doesn't mean it's ethical. Of course not every consumer cares about ethics, but some do.